Y&R: February 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Which is why I made the comment about how important conversations are. The plot twists are 10x more exciting and interesting if they happen to people you care about, and watching them talk about their feelings and thoughts goes a long way towards achieving that and building to it. Soap writers lost track of that.

LOL Welcome to the world of soap boards. That happens every time.

But, really, though, we've seen conversations on this show before and almost none of what happens now actually applies.

LOL WTF with CW.

DT and SC look hawt.

AH ... No comment

• Members

She is brilliant. She conveys a lot of tension and inner turmoil with little dialogue and only her eyes.

YRBB, on YouTube they have these Y&R episodes from 1975 featuring the Brooks. Long scenes full of psychological depth and intent. The actors and the music convey a world of story and unsaid feelings, especially between sisters Lori and Leslie. It is truly the best thing I have watched today. Almost cinematic, which is weird because the studio confines are small and shadowy.

Sigh. On the upside, yesterday's scene between Jill and Billy was rather moving.

• Members

Exactly, and it seems back then it was when it was arguably done best. Of course, the show managed to change and evolve while keeping that signature psychological exploration up until the early 2000s. Until someone decided it wasn't good enough, I guess.

They had a great music department until they got rid of them....

I wasn't going to say it ph34r.png

• Members

Yes...and you didn't have everyone sticking their fingers in the pot trying to add their two cents. Isn't doesn't it say it ALL that 95 percent of viewers feel Y&R was at it's best when Bill Bell had total control and called all the shots, and perhaps the most celebrated and anticipated soap on the air today is Downton Abbey, where one man writes the show BY HIMSELF and doesn't have intereference from network brass. WOW, I wonder if there is a lesson in that?

Archived