Y&R: February 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If you don't mind the sound of a man whining and screeching as opposed to lamenting or grieving, more power to ya. If you read the previous posts you will see that people are complaining about the sound, not the grief, and I agree. Never before have I read that the sound of an actor whining is OK. I was as open as anyone to DT reprising the role of Billy. His younger appearance is......different, and the whining/screeching certainly doesn't do much to help that.

• Members

From the two days (Friday/Monday) that I've seen of DT, he seems so completely natural in the role. (I watched his first run too.) Considering the magnitude of the recast, not just of a popular actor, but in the middle of a huge storyline, I think DT has been doing a great job. As far as any whining, isn't he just playing out the script? It's not like DT creates the dialog! I like BM, but I'm glad DT was the actor they chose to replace him.

• Members

No I haven't proved anyone's crazy point. But aren't you all doing something yourself, refusing any criticisms at all because he is DT?

I will not try to explain myself to people who are commmitted to misunderstanding me. Thankfully, in all my time here, there have only been 2 instances of this, both today and both about DT.

I think my posts on this forum clearly show that I am a reasonable and measured soap watcher. So go find a BM stan to be irrational with. I'm not one of them.

• Members

Well, I can see the benefit of it for Hevon to a certain point. At least it helps give them a real romance and intrigue. I need to think of the positive instead of the negative. See what things brings instead of what it takes away. I will be glued to the TV to see how it plays out.

Archived