Y&R: February 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Neil and Leslie had no chemistry IMO, but people seem to enjoy them enough. Neil is in better shape than he's been in years, which isn't saying much. It's such a shame they killed Rose because Neil actually had chemistry with her. Beyond that, I've seen chemistry with Sharon and from the past only Olivia and Dru. I think Neil struggles because his circle of characters is so undervalued. The other half of his supercouple seems gone forever, Olivia is gone, a viable Malcolm is gone, Nate was never utilized to his full extent and now he's put in these pairings with the new black female flavor of the month and he never has chemistry with them. It's just a disaster for him.

• Members

Like many people, I started watching soaps when I was a toddler with my grandmother. There have been many pairings and SLs that I haven't liked - mostly on B&B which I don't watch anymore for that reason. The difference now is that I can comment about them on message boards.

I think SLs and pairings can be soapy without being icky. Of all the ppl Hill could crush on.... Yikes.

• Members

I just watched Monday and David Tom reminds me why he is 100x the "actor" Billy Miller was considered.

I also loved Jack running his mouth. God Victor is such a smug disgusting thing to look at. Braeden plays him so badly anymore.

LOL at Lily in those heels and hooker dress trying to parent her children. First, she looks way too young and totally uninterested in being a mother. Kelly was more natural with them. I never thought I'd find Watros boring though. Is she leaving or not? And Lily/Kelly are besties? Why was Lily so intrusive? On the plus side, I didn't hate seeing Christel so that's an improvement.

Amelia is so blah and boring. Very pretty though and I'm glad her hair was tame. Sean Carrigan also needs some work in the acting department. He was awful today as Stitch was stumbling not to tell Victoria about Billy's latest screwup. And can we please stop making Billy a pathetic screw up?

And Chloe's obsession? I'd care if it was actually about her and her grief over losing a daughter but. But Chloe and Chelsea need to take a hike. Such wastes and they shouldn't be. I guess they're at least trying to make Chloe interesting again.

I actually liked the Fisher/Baldwin scenes. Probably more for Erich and Bergman. I'm over LeBlanc and Rikaart.

• Members

I hated Neslie until their last scene on that park bench. I can't root against neil's happiness it seems.

However, I still feel that neil needs to be paired with an older lead actress. The writers are not very interested in writing Leslie as a true lead. Maybe that will change.

• Members

Thoughts on today's episode

EH is still rocking her scenes. When Chloe is talking about Delia and missing her, although it is with Kevin and the memories are fake, she never fails to bring tears to my eyes.

I am loving this Kelly. Her reactions with Ben are good. She could really be good for the show. I really hope CW is not leaving.

EB saved that Billy/Victor/Victoria confrontation. It was falling flat until he took over. I understand what people are saying about DT. He was just meh in those scenes. And his clothes dwarf him. Are the putting him in BMs clothes or something. Victor will be right though. Victoria will come running back to his loving embrace when she finds Billy cheated on her. Someone remind the writers that Victoria has a son name Reed.

Lily's confrontation with Colin wasn't very exciting. But Cane...Yeeees. I really got the feeling that he would do something to his father. This is a Cane I could get behind. He is much better when he is being bad.

Sharon and Nick are very sweet. And not in the saccharine way. Too bad that they have this stupid secret over their head.

• Members

I'm way over the made up memories of Delia and its hard to focus on a Chlovin scene period. They just bore me to pieces.

I agree that EB saved that weak confrontation with Villy. I think both AH and DT sucked. I laughed when Victor told that drippy daughter of his that she'll be back. Ain't that the truth.

Archived