Y&R: February 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm surprised how seamlessly he's fit back in; I expected there to be some culture shock with his boyish looks but he seems a lot more genuine than Miller's later tenure to me. I'm not seeing the backlash, really, but maybe I haven't looked for it. Everything I've seen online is generally very complimentary.

• Members

I don't want glow by jabot redux if it means bringing on "the old gang". I like the young characters and actors currently on the show. I want them to get story and not be pushed out searching for nostalgia or because DT can't hack it in the position they hired him in. I like Chloe, Tyler, Hilary, Lily, Devon, Noah, and Abby has grown on me. I want to see something done with them.

• Members

Most of those characters shouldn't be interacting with Billy. The only one I'd say is Chloe, the other are the 20s group. I do agree the 30+ group needs better fleshing out. I LOVE Stitch and Kelly is great, but we know they'll have to recast that role. I would definitely consider bringing back Mac and JT over everybody, because of nostalgia and also because they fit. JT has Victoria's son and Mac is Katherine's grandchild AND she had a son with JT while away. She could be another tie to the Chancellor legacy and there are ready made connections for her.

• Members

Perhaps not. She appears that way to me...they just paired her with the man child Kevin. Victoria has aged all these characters. Just think, Victoria Newman, with her full fledged successful career arc of running her daddy's company, competing with her brother and losing because daddy is sexist, then leaving to find herself. All happened before glow by jabot kids even graduated from high school. She married, not one, but two glow by jabot kids. That's preposterous.

It just seems that there is no distinct age ranges anymore. If Chloe is not a 20 something then she must be very early 30's. A bridge, so to speak, between the older characters and the young. I don't think the writers would have any problem or get any complaints by pairing her with a twenty something guy. But I don't think they would put her with someone like Neil who is 40 something.

It would give them something to do. But they already have this lifestyles division at both jabot and Newman chancellor that they haven't done a thing with.

• Members

Chloe does not appear to be in her 20s nor could each pass for it. She clearly looks mid 30s. Hell some days she and Vikki look like contemporaries. DT also does not look that young he looks like a man in his 30s. I agree they should recast Mac and bring her back. I think they tried bringing JT back last year but there was scheduling conflicts.

• Members

Victor dragging Billy was the absolute highlight for me. At least someone spoke the truth, but did it register with Billy and Vicky? Nope! They go back to the hospital and whine. Loved when Victor told them both to get out. Vicky will be back when she learns the truth. Victor to Nikki "mind your own business". LMAO! I don't care who hates Victor, I love him and always will!

Billy, YOU are responsible for the death of your daughter and NO ONE else!

Poor Amelia having a seizure as Vicky gets upset with Victor. Yikes!

• Members

LOL I got my Riannas confused with Briannas!

Funny how the Billy character was born in 1992 and Victoria was already a teenager then. She really is supposed to be way older than Billy but I know how things get regarding ages with all the SORASing and what not. I still can't get over the fact that Ronan is one of the oldest "children" but he was supposed to be twentysomething as well as Chance who was also older than most and yet last time he was in his 20's too, way younger than Nick and Billy even though the latter two were born years after him.

Archived