B&B: December 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I would give anything for a return to the glossy still photos in the opening credits! I like the current credits, but the stills were gorgeous and so much easier to swap characters in and out of it. This KKL shot would be the perfect centreshot under BOLD. It also looks like Annie Leibowitz shot it for Vanity Fair (as Sheilaforever said).

• Members

Gorgeous, and that outfit is stunning.

Would it ever. I still wish it was around.

Would it really be easier? I've always wondered this. It seems to me that getting a different set/setting & doing a whole photoshoot, then trying to fit in the pictures in a manner that fits the music is much more difficult, time consuming and expensive than putting someone in front of a green screen and then shoving the shot wherever they can.

• Members

LOL at Liam and Wyatt arguing about who did the most and was the best--just take out your dicks, boys, and measure them already! I just cannot with the way that Wyatt OVER--eee-nun-ci-ATES everything most of the time. Dude, you're not playing to the last row.

Quinn's "Shut up, Donna" while walking away was HILARIOUS. Just, epic win.

SO great to see Steffy again. Although, they can GTFO with the fact that she came to LA just to go to the doctor. How convenient for Quinn to run into her. Although it was nice for Quinn to get involved and try to bring Steffy back. Of course, I rolled my eyes that the trip to Paris happened at the same time as Ridge walking around the Forrester grounds. Ridge must have been looking at statues and touching speedos for close to 15 hours! I didn't see it coming that Steffy would be able to have kids but it's typical Bell. Resolving anything so that he can bring her back. A shame. The guilt and pain from being unable to conceive could have been a great thing to haunt Steffy.

And, we have arrived at Ridge. Sigh. What the [!@#$%^&*] was that? I laughed at the speedos and him throwing it on top of the naked statue but it all seems like a parody of Ridge already. How awkward was that hug between Fridge and Eric? There was zero warmth/happiness/surprise/excitement. Fridge gave his father a handshake? So cold. And TK kept his distance even though they were hugging. Bad bad bad.

• Members

I see what you are saying about the expense. However, my feeling is that the opening right now is out-of-date and disjointed. Out-of-date because the opening group of credits shows the cast in groups of 3 or 4, so when one person goes or is replaced, they would have to redo the whole thing with the group of 3. Disjointed because the remainder of the credits are individual shots of newer or recurring characters stitched together at breakneck speed.

Given that B&B seems to do a photoshoot of its main cast at various Bell estates every six months (or every year), it seems like they have a ready-built archive of images to swap in and out. If they are getting new characters dressed up with hair and make-up to stand in front of a green screen and be filmed, realistically, how much more would it cost to have them come over one Saturday to Brad Bell's mansion to have their photo taken?

• Members

The B&B opening gets updated like once a year. Taylor is still in it even though she left 5-6 months ago. The next update should be massive. They will have to remove Marcus, Dayzee (potentially Carter and Maya?), Taylor, Thomas and I guess Steffy can stay now. Added will be Ridge, Ally, Quinn and Wyatt. Even if they are on their way out, they just might keep Carter and Maya to fill space

• Members

I'm still blink.png at people claiming that it will work. No, lovelies, it won't. :lol:

The only hope I have is for chemistry with KKL (which she has with everyone, anyways). That might help.

Yep.

Oh, I agree about the current opening. I wasn't defending its continued existence, that's for sure (even though I don't mind it) lol. Now they literally just shove them wherever they can.

Hmmm, I don't know re: expenses and difficulty; it always seemed to me that the only reason to drop that gorgeous original opening in favor of that 2nd, disgusting opening was because it was much cheaper and easier.

Although, I still don't think that the yearly photoshoot would work. In all honesty, you could tell the original pics were of the outmost quality, done in different sets for every person and by exquisite photographer(s). The cast photos (while they occasionally get really good pics) don't even come close to that; they just don't. So what we're talking about is 20 separate photo shoots, 20 sets/settings and all the time to get that one, gorgeous shot. Then again, if he went back to the original opening, I would be happy to settle with pics from the same set :lol:

He always has 19-21 people in the credits, so who he drops/adds is pretty much dictated by that.

• Members

The new opening will be featured on todays episode. I think they've been decent about updating it. They do it every few months. Of course some people are left in their too long, but I think that is more wishful thinking on Bell's part. They kept Amber for a long time because technically she WAS recurring, but we know they never used her. Same for Thomas now. And I think they kept Taylor in wishful thinking,

• Members

TK is working for me as Ridge. I'm just looking at this as a second life for the character and not so much as a continuation of RM's Ridge. It's weird seeing the character as something other than a caricature. If he sticks around I think this will change the vibe of B&B. I hope it works. I'm always a little nervous when people mess with success. Time will tell.

Archived