Y&R: December 2013 Discussion Thread

• Members

True about Chloe's purpose. But she can do so much more. Kevin is a character that the show could part ways with now that fen is older. The two serve the same creative purpose. He's always been unstable. Write his exit story as him going out in a blaze of glory as Chloe moves on to Devon. He has already made antagonistic comments about Devon and money. I definitely can believe he would go back to locking people in freezers and burning down buildings...at least wanting to if not going through with it.

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh, yes, I've seen this "JFP is destroying the shooooooow" paranoia. I think most of the non-stans were just having a kneejerk reaction, a little tantrum. They'll get used to it once DT returns.

I dunno. I think February but not specifically. I hope nobody spoils it, I want to be completely surprised when he enters biggrin.png

• Members

I don't believe that any of Y&R's many horrible couples are going to change. I expect DTBilly will be put right back with Victoria. The headwriter who left for "creative differences" tried to break up a few of Y&R's staid couples (Lily/Cane, Billy/Victoria, and Kevin/Chloe) only for all of them to put right back together. The network clearly loves these couples and believes that they work and are popular so they are not going any where.

• Members

Whatever the reason the network loves these horrible couples and is insisting that they stay paired. I include Neil/Leslie here too.

When I read that David Tom actually had to audition with Amelie Heinle, I knew that there is NO hope that Billy gets free from Victoria's clutches.

Edited the sentence above to add the "NO."

• Members

I am DYING for it to happen.

I believe there is truth to the fact that the network is OK with them if they allow it to continue. But the rabid fanbases two of these couples have make so much noise I don't think the network would even consider otherwise. And, to be fair, most of the characters around that age/group are insipid so it's not as if there are any great options for shuffling them around.

• Members

I thought that higher ups told JFP it was AC or bust...lol.

BM read with EH (or so I heard)...but look how that turned out. So I don't think that means that they won't change direction if it is not working out. Or just change direction because they want to shake things up.

• Members

Chelsea needs to go.

Kevin needs to go.

Cane needs to go.

I would shed no tears if Chloe was let go.

Both Lily and Victoria need to be recast. Lily has potential with Tyler and her rivalry with Hilary but dear God AH is so dull. Sarah Brown? I need a diva to play Victoria.

• Members

Maybe Adam will fake his own death because he knows he's about to be arrested. Chelsea will then move to Paris to get Connor away from Victor. Eventually it will come out that someone else actually hit Delia and the "new" Adam can come back, with or without Chelsea.

• Members

I want Sarah Brown or Gina Tognoni for the role of Vicki too. AH brings NOTHING to the role and she can go too.

Is it bad that I want Chelsea and Chloe to stay as I feel they could bring something to the show. If they'd go back to writing work related sls, I could see them being some use, especially with Chelsea's line.

Cane, Lily, Michael, and Kevin really need to go this year. Like seriously. . . .

Those spots can easily be filled by other, more interesting characters.

And why can't Stitch be for Sharon?

Archived