Y&R: December 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am still asleep from her many scenes with Dylan. He probably would have been better received if he was paired off with someone else. But chelsea is just lifeless. I agree that JFP needs to cut her losses with that character. Take this opportunity to get rid of her. Without Adam, no one will care. Avery can stay as long as she doesn't continue to be a romantic lead. Let her be the town lawyer and nothing more.

• Members

I think so too...but I am jaded. I have no doubt that if Hilary is needed to spice up DTs Billy to help usher him in, considering her relationship with Jill, Devon will get the shaft. He and Chloe are similar in that way. Another reason why I wished they were paired.

• Members

I like Chelsea but her major issue is that they don't know what to do with her. Granted that is the issue with a lot of characters but she doesn't have the background or connections to help her skate when she has nothing else to do. She came on the scene pregnant and messing with Victoria and Billy. Then very quickly the "bad girl" became a "good girl" to the point of boredom. Pairing her with Adam worked except they rushed them into marriage life and sucked everything interesting that remained out of them. After Chadam ended, then Chelsea floated around doing nothing until they decided that she would be a fashion designer overnight. They basically is an offscreen career and then her next thing was being pregnant again and hooking up with Dylan. Then that crashed and burned and she is back with Adam still doing nothing. Now he is about to walk out the door in a month, so what will she do not? What is her purpose?

I wish they would let this fashion career actually take off and show them in the RS offices. Have them in competition with the new NC LifeStyle division. They need to established Chelsea as an individual because she has been on the show for 2 years now and she still is pretty much underdeveloped. Hilary has more of a purpose these days and she just started this year. That says a lot. Hopefully this changes soon because I do like her and I think she is a good addition but they just need to flesh her out. Her entire purpose can't be all about getting married and having babies. That makes for one boring ass soap character.

• Members

They have certainly been building.... something. Although, let's face it, almost anyone they could pair him with would drag him down (Avery, Chelsea, Chloe, Lily etc).

I do wish they would unleash Jill Abbott on him, though. I would die if they let them have a steamy relationship. Right up Jill's alley.

• Members

Hilary and Billy? That would be different. I could totally see it too. I think Hilary has a few options right now though. They are going to do Devon and Hilary for a bit. That much is clear. Her relationship with Jack is going to develop into more as well. That could be a different kind of triangle too. Of course she has ran into Stitch twice now and I am sure it was done on purpose.

• Members

Bland, fairytale needing Chelsea and jughead Nick would be boring. Chloe and Sharon would have to be used to prop them in some way. I agree that Chelsea really can just be written out. There's no sense in pairing her with a different leading man each year and she's not buyable as this big fashion designer we're told she is either assuming that'll be the focus once Adam is gone.

• Members

LOL I hardly think DT will need to be spiced up or help being ushered in. All they need to do is give him his first scenes with either Peter Bergman or Jess Walton and he will be set. Immediately. If anything, Hilary might need him.

• Members

I think Victoria and Stitch will be something. I don't know what though but they will most likely start becoming good friends. They already even have Dylan playing the protective big brother role. And as Dylan's BFF, he will be instantly hated by Victor. So the set up is all there. But most likely his role is to be someone for Victoria to lean on as her life goes to [!@#$%^&*] soon. Then of course after DT's Billy returns they will see if NuVilly stands a chance. If not they will both move on. Billy will be tested around the canvas and I can see Victoria starting things up with Stitch.

• Members

I think she and Jack will have a nonromantic closeness. Developed only to fuel drama between her and Devon. Devon is loyal to Victor and she will be loyal to Jack. I read where BJ said on twitter that Devon is loyal to Victor because he gave him a place to sleep when he had nowhere to go...Jack has done the same for Hilary. Been there for her when she had no one. Now this thing with stitch is different...don't know what it is about but I like it.

Archived