Y&R: December 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You know what...I never thought that was why they avoided them interacting but you might be right. I always thought it was the conservatism of the show which dictates no woman on the show with different fathers on canvas. Men can have many baby momma's but women can only have one father for their kids. Chelsea is the only one I have ever known to have both on as contract players.

• Members

I don't know. This summer Villy were on the outs and Chelsea still didn't seem to care about Johnny being affected by a potential Villy divorce. She just doesn't consider that kid her child. I think if TPTB could rewrite it I think they would. I mean honestly if you didn't know then you probably would never realize that Johnny was not biologically a Newman. There has only been mentioned lately due to Dylan because they are tying to remind Victor that he loves Cassie, Johnny, and Summer all the same regardless of their DNA. Yada yada. Besides I don't see Victoria losing Johnny without a fight. It will be WW3 with the Newmsns and Abbotts. They don't have Victor spouting stuff like "He will always be my grandson" for nothing. Not to mention we only see Johnny with the Newmans. I can't remember the last time he had interactions with a member of the Abbott family.

• Members

I still don't. Why would she? Alice had long abandoned Cassie. She was only was going after Cassie because she was angry and wanted to stick it to the rich and powerful Newmans. She didn't really want to raise Cassie and once she realized that she bowed out. Victoria has basically been Johnny's only parent for 2 months. I think she would die before she let Billy take her son from her. Besides I don't see Billy doing that to her all at. He is not malicious.

It isn't a Reed situation were they wrote off the child actor because of unforseen health issues. They like Max Page so they keep him on as recurring. Though I think they need to just age him up already.

• Members

Even in pictures you can tell what the show used to be. Sigh.

Raul's fate was sealed when the writers foolishly decided to end Raul & Brittany (a great, unexpected couple with a lot of chemistry) so they could pair her with Bobby Marsino. Bobby looked like a creep and fool for getting with Brittany.

Archived