Y&R: December 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Why don't they pair Devon and Chloe? BJ and EH had great funny/adversarial chemistry from Day One, in ways neither has had with other partners on the show. I get that BJ wasn't one of MAB's pets like GR or BM, but what a missed opportunity. (Plus: now they'd be a way of continuing the Chancellor legacy.)

• Members

I disagree. Lots of people are upset over all these actors being "let go". I can see viewers, mostly newer ones with less that a 10 year connection, being obstinate. It won't matter how awesome DT is...when a person is determined to hate a thing, they will. I only mentioned Hilary because her position as Jill's young foe makes her perfect for a classic story with Billy.

I don't think Hilary will need any assistance. She has overcome that horrid entrance story to be very well received as far as I can tell. As long as they don't take her too far down the goody road, she will be fine.

• Members

I have no idea! Well I did before but they seem over that because they paired Tyler with Abby. I really wish they would if this thing with Hilary doesn't work out. He would be the man of Chloe's dreams. Lol. And the same drama that have been set up for Hilary and Devon is already there with Chloe and Devon. Can you imagine Jill's reaction to Chloe getting access to all that money that she feels should be hers?

• Members

Yep, Chloe and Hilary were both brought on as schemers and spoilers for Lane. (Although did Lily and Chloe ever make up? Shows how much I've been watching in the past couple of years.) I think they were chem testing Bryton and Liz early on, but they decided to push her in Billy's direction, then Chance's, and ultimately Kevin's.

Unfortunately, Chloe is such a cipher now, but Hilary has taken the role as young corporate climber. I suppose the loss of Delia could allow Chloe to be repositioned on the show.

• Members

I rather they had paired Devon and Abby. Remember when she had a huge thing for him? The two richest heirs together. At the very least can they be friends again. Their interactions now you would never know at one time they were close. The same with Abby & Noah. They were BFFs.

This regime seems invested in Devon's character. I guess BJ has a fan in JFP (good for him!). I don't think they are all that invested in Chloe so I don't see her being paired with anyone frontburner. I mean it could change but I doubt it. She has played background in the story of her own child's death. She continues to be the side kick to Chelsea. Kevin has more of a storyline than she does. This has been an ongoing issue for her character.

• Members

I didn't mind chance...it continued Chloe's involvement with the chancellors, which is where I felt she belonged. But when they put her with Kevin, I was very disappointed. Very. And now they have her playing antagonist to chadam's relationship. Just a waste.

I wouldn't say they made up. They are civil to each other but I do remember lily calling Chloe out a few times over the years about her past. They are not friendly.

You are right about Chloe being free. I live in constant dread of her getting pregnant by Kevin. I am hoping that the new writers begin focusing on these new divisions of jabot and NC. Give all the young people jobs and let them have at it. Chloe has a career in fashion and it makes me happy to see her begin to appear (dress like it) that way again.

• Members

I don't disagree with you but we are talking about two different things. You are talking about whether a small group of stans fans will be pissy about losing Billy Miller and refuse to accept David Tom. If that's the case (which it very well might be), I hardly doubt a newer character such as Hilary will be of much use in getting them to accept DT.

What I was saying is that DT is the original portrayer of the character and the show WILL try to make it work, otherwise they wouldn't bother hiring him. On top of that, he has excellent chemistry with his family members, a point you ignored, which is ALL he will need to endear him to those who aren't BM-obsessed. In general, even newer watchers are used to recasts and losing BM will not ruffle them that much. It is all but guaranteed that DT will fit RIGHT in as soon as he walks in through those Abbott mansion doors. If the show is smart, they'll also make use of flashbacks to... illustrate this is not a new person and that he has a lot of history with the show. Lastly, it's the same situation as when Shari Shattuck finally got the f.ck out and Eileen Davidson returned--she didn't need no one to usher her in.

But I do agree that Hilary and Billy being together would be a nice thorn in Jill's side. We can't tell until we see them together, however. And, naturally, the writing has to be good.

Hilary's well received, yes, but she also needs to start getting good story, which is were the character of Billy, regardless of who plays him, might come into play.

• Members

I just finished watching the shows from this past week and week before. WHY are Lily and Cane still on this show? They are the most bland boring useless couple on the planet. Blah. Can't they go on a 5 or 6 year trip around the world? Or go throw themselves in that volcano Skye was in or drown themselves in the lake? I really can't stand either of them.

• Members

I am still waiting on the Devon and Noah friendship to be acknowledged. I scratched my head when Tyler went to Devon on Noah's behalf to get a job. That made no sense. I understand JFP wanting to position newbies but lets not just drop connections. And it is very unDevon-like to not have said anything to Abby about Tyler. It's not like Abby has another friend. I agree with you, they should be friends. As for a pairing, the casting of MO kinda ruined that. She is way talker than BJ, I think. But then, he is probably the same height as The guy that plays Chavez so maybe not.

• Members

Agreed...but I don't think it is just BM obsessed fans that are upset. It's a compilation of things along with this distaste for JFP. So people will be against it just because. Many fans can be won over. Of course TPTB will do all to ensure it works but that that doesn't guarantee no missteps (I cite Dylan and Chelsea...and we all know JFP wanted that to work). And I don't put much stock in that happening. Granted we also have new writers so we don't know what they will be like.

• Members

I couldn't see Devon and this Abby. That pairing would've worked with MR's Abby but not now. Devon and Chloe could've worked years ago but Chloe no longer has a purpose outside of Kevin and how he can be kept busy. Other than that she's stuck playing Chelsea's overbearing friend.

Archived