Y&R: December 2013 Discussion Thread

• Members

Mackenzie fought too.

She was willing to be the voice of reason when Billy grew increasingly reckless & managed to save JT's life when he became almost as reckless.

Unfortunately AshBash left just before the Ralph story began so the audience was cheated from seeing her confront her victimizer.

She was the same way in the mansion that she was in the homeless shelter.

In fact she didn't want to live in the mansion because she was scared of Jill.

It took Katherine begging her & Birdie's temporary presence for her to finally agree to move in & once she did she spent the majority of her time avoiding an increasingly despondent Jill.

You really should (re)watch those episodes.

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love Jill and Jess Walton but htis scene was lacking some good score because it fell flat just because of the cheap piano melody.

But the whole last week was kinda meh, the worst in like 5 weeks. Too much stuff I didn't care about and it totally lacked a Y&R feel. Billy/Victoria have to go kaboom ASAP and the whole Delia story should have never started or at least be wrapped ages ago. It is taking the whole show 6feet under as it is not captivating and simply boring and tryte.

As lists were made who needs to say uh-bye on this show in 2014: Adam and Chelsea definitely have front row seats to storyline Siberia. Lily and Cane meanwhile showed with both Tyler and Hillary in 2013 that they actually can be interesting to my biggest surprise and despite their wooden portrayers, but they need to be spiced up. Chloe and Kevin on the hand...

• Members

I love Amelia Heinle as Victoria. I love her Victoria more than HT's. HT's Victoria was too brash. Amelia is softer but can be brash when the situation calls for it. HT always conveyed an element of bitterness IMO. It's like Amelia's Victoria finally grew up and let go of bitterness, snarkiness.

• Members

I don't like AH as Vicky, and I hate HT as Vicky. She was one of the most overrated characters/actresses, and I was happy when she left. Enter the chick with the presence of a coatrack and its time to retire the character! I'd give up quite a bit to have Robin Christopher in this role. I would!

• Members

There is a scene during the time when they're not sure Billy will survive that Jill begs God not to take another son of hers the same way (alcohol). It has always stuck with me. Such brilliant use of history & it was a turning point for SO many characters.

• Members

AshBash just got married too. She has been very busy lately.

I like both versions of Victoria in different ways. I loved HT but she had her moments where I just wished she was off my screen. She was too much of a screamer for me at times. HT has definitely toned that down. She is more subtle now which was a skilled she lacked on Y&R (but she was leaning). The last year HT was on the show was a bit sad though and it was clear she has already checked the hell out. The regime backburned her and clearly had no intention of making her the powerful businesswoman Bill Bell groomed her to be. That was the main reason HT walked. She saw the writing on the wall.

I doubt AH is going anywhere anytime soon. TPTB clearly seem to love her. She was hired because they wanted a softer, more sensual Victoria. They got her in AH in those first years. Now they have no clue what to do with her (and everyone else).

• Members

LOL I was just joking because we were in the clouds talking about great times in the show and then AH's name was brought up--and it was a stark contrast laugh.png

Re: the title above your avatar, you can click on your name at the top, hit My Setting and scroll down to Member Title, where you can write anything you want in that little box.

• Members

Holy [!@#$%^&*] I never saw those Billy in the snow scenes when they first aired; I am tearing up right now.

I would love it if Ashley Bashioum, David Lago and Thad Luckenbill were to return. Lauren Woodland can stay right where she is, however.

Archived