Y&R: December 2013 Discussion Thread

• Members

I don't know but I am curious about Kelly and Stitch. Their scene was pretty good and because we don't know either of them it was even better. It can fo literally anywhere. That is how you grab an audience with newbies.

Her character on GL started off a nice girl. She was a woman who was the foil to the epic romance of supercouple Reva and Josh. But Reva was such a fabulous bitch that it was hard to even care that she would going to steal Josh back from sweet Annie. Then something switched in Annie as she realized that Josh was going to leave her. She started drinking and popping pills, and went batshit crazy. Then Reva vs Annie started and it was awesome! CW won the Emmy for it. FYI Signey Coleman (Hope) took over her role when she left GL.

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I know some don't care for storylines where 'newbies' interact in a kind of side storyline but I think it works in this case because TPTB seem to have decided to limit contact between these two characters, for the time being, at least. And I think everyone noticed how Cynthia Watros instantly 'perked up' in these scenes with Stitch. They both are showing a bit of edge and it adds intrigue to both characters and their backstory. Hopefully TPTB play the right beats and don't ruin the groundwork that they've laid here.

• Members

That was vintage Watros at her best. I hadn't seen the Stitch character until today but what a find by Y&R. I am sure he is being wasted on the show though. The actor is hot and can act.....on a side note it was weird seeing Eileen Davidson, Jess Walton and Cynthia Watros all on recurring list....such talent...nice to see TEB back on contract.

• Members

Does Leslie doubtful looks mean that she will escape Neil's grasp? I hope so because they have absolutely no chemistry.

I also hope that all this Phyllis talk mean that Jack will be getting a new love interest soon.

Run away from Nick, Sharon, run like the wind!

• Members

I have no doubt that leslie will marry neil. This is just typical Neil romance writing. No real story. Just some small drama in an attempt to make things interesting. I guarantee she marries him.

I think Jack will get a new romance...probably Kelly then he finds she slept Billy. Jack will stick with her because he "hasn't felt this way since Red". I also get the feeling Hilary has a crush on him. That might be explored.

• Members
Exactly for Leslie...I get the feeling she was given a contract specifically for this pairing. And for the first time in 7 years, KSJ is actually trying to sell the pairing as him really loving her (unlike Karen, Tyra, and Sophia, whom he all married for a reason other than love. And was never even written to love them or tell them that he did). So the writers seem invested. I just wish she was older and they had more chemistry.

I think Kelly is better than Hilary. But I can't lie, I want them to explore Hilary being "confused" over what she feels for Jack. Because PB only knows one way to deliver lines, their scene today went over harsher than I think it was intended. Instead of being supportive and concern for her and her life, he looked more like he was "putting her in her place".

• Members

I can't imagine that they will go there with Jack and Hilary. Don't you think that Hilary was given a contract so she can be specifically paired with Devon?

As for Leslie, maybe she will get to have a fling with Mason or some other guy she actually has chemistry with.

• Members

Yes. From her first day, with her height, I knew she was brought on specifically for Devon. The story was set up perfectly for their romance and her to have an antagonistic relationship/rivalry with Lily (her other major purpose, I think). I can't say that they won't go there at all with Jack. I have watched soaps long enough to know that the story for certain characters supersedes that of others. I have no doubt that if jack and Hilary create buzz, something will happen on that front and Devon will just have to wait. Didn't something along those lines happen with Ronan, Chloe, and Phylllis. Granted, that was under MAB and we all know how she ran her ship but you understand what I mean...

I am hoping Mason takes Abby from Tyler because that is not working at all.

• Members

I actually think Avery might just be gone...eventually. The show would be better served creatively by putting Dylan with someone else. I can't even believe I am saying this because they have no chemistry, but Chelsea would be better because Victor is trying to take Connor.

Archived