Y&R: December 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

blink.png

On the Victoria/Bill front, I will say that I'm glad Victoria is not pregnant. A couple of weeks after Delia got hit there were a lot of rumblings that she would be. I would have found that writing decision to be in terrible taste.

I suspect that Billy and Victoria are going to be a Nictor/Shick type of couple. They may break up, but there is going to be a lot of back and forth. Even under these writers we've had a lot of dialogue indicating that Billy is the one for Victoria. Plus, I think the writer's like the conflict with Victor, even though I'm finding it played out.

• Members

Nope, thankfully I missed that. How unstable can those stans be?

Which is doubly icky to me because they're an insipid couple and, in my mind, Billy and Victoria are still David and Heather Tom, which doesn't work for obvious reasons. But you are right, they can't help themselves since Billy is an Abbott and brings out a lot of easy, cheap drama.

And can soaps be done with replacement miracle babies for dead offspring FOREVER?

From your keyboard to the Soap Gods' ears.

• Members

Well to be honest, I always thought that a custody battle was the purpose of giving the kid to Victoria and Billy. I also never really thought the child was his. Here is the thing. It doesn't have to be a dramatic ripping of the child from Victoria's bosom. If Billy and Chelsea get together with johnnie visiting them and Chelsea playing stepmother to her own bio son, I can see Victoria choosing to allow them to have him full time while she is the noncustodial parent. Then I can see her choosing to bow out. Don't get me wrong, IRL it would never happen, but this is a soap. Anything is possible. Just because Chelsea has shown no interest in Johnny doesn't mean she never will. She gave the kid up presumably because she wanted him to have this two parent home..,if he is not going to have that then what was the purpose of her giving him up. I can see her rethinking her decision. Again, this is fiction.

• Members

Daniel never got his parental rights back. The judge denied his request. That is why he married Daisy. It was the only way he would get legal access to Lucy.

The same thing also almost happened with Sharon. Alice was going to win the custody case and she knew it. She decided at the last minute to terminate her rights so Sharon and Nick could raise Cassie.

Also Phyllis lost custody of Daniel to Danny.

• Members

I don't think they will do Billy and Chelsea because for the most part they try to avoid them interacting because people usually are reminded that she raped him. This is why people should think twice about how they introduce characters. Down the road Billy/Chelsea could have been fun byt rapemances are not cute. Just like Daniel marrying Daisy was gross, though I got it.

As far as Lucy. When Villy were trying to legaly adopt Lucy they put out ads trying to find Daisy. If she didn't reply within that timeframe her parental rights would be terminated. Daniel terminated his. On the day of the deadline Phyllis marched into the courtroom with Daisy who told the judge she did not want to give up her rights. So the adoption was blocked.

Archived