Y&R: December 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Billy and Sharon didn't have an affair. Jack and Sharon were not in a relationship anymore (though it was still skeevy). Besides Billy was very different back then and it was a different situation. They survived it but it was tricky and it took some time. Now Billy is in a marriage with a woman Jack claims to love and respect like a daughter. For him to get involved with the woman who broke up his brother's marriage who would just be ridiculous especially since he is the one going out of his way to convince Billy to NOT hurt Victoria. He can't have it both ways. Either he supports them or he doesn't. That has always been my issue with Jack. He talks out both sides of his mouth -- see his friendship with Adam.

I like CW and I had high hopes for her character but she is bland. They give her repetitive dialouge and now potentially made her the interloper of a popular couple without the benefit of any kind of character developement. I don't care if she breaks up the couple but at least make it interesting. She is a powerhouse but honestly if you go on all the various Y&R boards and it apears she is not well recieved. I don't need her to be Annie Dutton but I need her to at least make me not want to hit FF.

Where does she go from here? Why would anyone in that town even look in her direction? The Newmans would hate her. The Abbotts (I guess except Jack) will not like her. She is a new character without any connection and they haven't even attempted to give her a POV other than she has a dead kid and is crushing on Billy. Mason has more of a purpose them her, sadly.

Of course maybe Kelly wll get some decent writing after they move her away from Billy.

• Members
Billy slept with Sharon on the night before his wedding to Chloe. He was committed to, if not in love with, her. Billy also knew that Jack still loved Sharon and wanted her back. So..

Does anyone actually expect another to disown a family member because they cheated on a spouse. Jack would be disappointed. Yes. But never disassociate himself from Billy over hurting Victoria.

As for Jack getting involved with Kelly after she breaks up Villy, forbidden romance is a soap staple.

• Members

I never said he would disown Billy. Nor would I expect him to either. Billy has done far worse to Jack (sleeping with Sharon, spying for Victoria) and they were fine. But Jack is always the one sprouting off family is important and then doing the exact oppposite. So I guess it would make sense that he would fall into bed with the woman who help destroy his brother's family. I am just tired of them writting Jack this way -- if that is what happens that is.

I am also just tired of the Abbotts making it easy for Victor to say "I told you so." I just wish for once he was NOT proven right.

• Members

Jack and Sharon were still in an intimate relationship, which is why Sharon had the paternity test to determine if Faith was Jack's, Billy's, or Nick's.

I don't remember if Jack lashed out at Phyllis for her affair with Nick after Cassie died but apparently he got over it at some point.

And Victoria, knowing what Nick went through when Cassie died, may also have a different perspective about it, if IT happens and she finds out about it. She has been very forgiving of Billy's blunders/imperfections. He is very flawed but not malicious.

• Members

Jack did lash out at Phyllis. They were just starting back up and he dumped her. He eventually got over it because that is what Jack does. Jack was in the Faith "Daddy Sweepstakes" because one night Jack came over and they had sex. They weren't together and the ONS was rather sad in fact. She was just using him because she has just had a fight for Nick and she was lonely.

Besides all theses characters have to eventually move on of the stories will never be told. They always hurt someone they love in some way or another. Some are crueler than others but it is what it is.

And yes Billy isn't malicious. His screw ups usually come from wanting to help Victoria but if he falls into bed with Kelly... oy. I would hope it would end Villy.

• Members

I meant to imply that Jack still had feelings for Sharon while she and Billy were having their affair. I remember his reaction when he found out.

Whatever happened to Sharon's lipstick from the stairwell when Phyllis fell? Paul was having it analyzed for fingerprints. Did they drop that SL?

• Members

I actually think this is perfect timing for Billy to cheat given that Miller is leaving and Tom is coming back in the role.

They need to bust that pathetic Billy/Victoria marriage up fast, and this is possibly the only way to do it soon enough. Outside of a few crazy message board fans, I don't know where the popularity of that couple stems from. It's definitely not going to be the same thing with Tom back in the role, so they need to move fast in dismantling it (for good hopefully).

Archived