Y&R: December 2013 Discussion Thread

• Members

I'm slightly impressed that Phyllis being offscreen has more of an impact on the show (in a good way as it drives character motivations of others: Jack, Sharon, Summer…) than Phyllis has had the last several years of her run...

I also second ChrisB's assessment that the mix of characters is pretty interesting these days. Yet, please say NO to Stitch and Victoria, writers!

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I know this is unpopular, but I love what JFP is trying to do so far. I like many of her new characters and love how she spreads all over the canvas. I like the friendship between Jack and Neil. It is good for them both. She got rid of Roxy and is actually trying BJ in a manner that have people seeing him in a new light. I like Neil and Leslie. She sent MS and MM on their way. I like what she is doing

• Members

I agree with that too.

I have some concerns about the show, but this version is better than MAB's for me. I also think this team is trying to revive the African American part of the show. "Winter's Wednesday" is no longer an issue. I'm not saying it's perfect, but it's clear an effort is being made to treat these characters as more than tokens.

• Members

She doesn't even need to be the gold digger. He's an older man, a rich playboy, and could use that to convince her that he's the one. She could just be looking for a home, a family, a father figure. She doesn't need to be a gold digger. Of course thats how everyone else would perceive her and that could be golden!

• Members

Yea I agree. There is a clear effort and I appreciate that. I really wish the show would bring Olivia and Nate back though. They could write off Mason and replace him with Nate. I also didn't like them writing Roxy off. Tatyana Ali was good on this show and was never given a chance. I was hoping see her beyond being Devon's girlfriend. I also think Neil and Lesie are DULL AS DISHWATER. That is a huge area of opportunity for the show. She has become so dull and sexless in general. I HATE her with Avery's boring ass too. I don't know what exactly caused me to turn on her, but I can't wait her these days.

• Members

I kept thinking that the only way I'd be interested in that music box is if it is manufactured by a company owned by Ji-Minh and this all somehow leads Jill to him. Otherwise my interest has worn thin.

To be clear, I'm not one of those advocating for Hillary and Jack, I only proposed that others think something could be going on when in fact, it's just business.

On tomorrow's episode:

I see Kelly being pushed in Jack's direction anyway.

As much as I like that the current writing is finally cleaning up some of MAB's messes, if they fail to do anything with Ignacio Serrachio, I'll be irritated. He should at least be knocking boots. Anyone seeing one of his scenes in tomorrow's episode will know why I say this.

• Members

Why do I get the feeling that Courtney will be an undercover agent...I think that they will make her older and give her a different background story to make her more appropriate.

I also get the feeling that Chelsea and Dylan will be revisited as well. Did anyone notice how she snatched her hand away from Adam when Dylan appeared at the GCAC last week...at least I think it was last week.

• Members

Yeah I think Alex aka Zach and Courtney are working undercover to nab drug dealers. Not just dealers like Raven but whoever is in head lead of it. I'm thinking Womack but who knows. Courtney is probably not even 18 like Summer believes. Back to Alex, him and Gloria were cracking me up. That was much needed comic relief.

• Members

I have to say it's nice that they've given Jill back her HBIC attitude, as opposed to the mopping and completely defeated figure MAB was writing her as.

I'm not watching the show consistently, but all I can say is I'm not offended when I do catch an episode and I don't feel like my intelligence is being insulted on a on-going basis (it is at times, but not as much as before). The show isn't perfect or all that great, but I can sit through it, which I couldn't do with MAB and her tenure.

Archived