Y&R: December 2013 Discussion Thread

• Members

Every time I try to watch this show I try and fail to care about the new girl, or Devon, or Mason or the other guy - uh, Tyler. I just can't. They're all so bland. They're bland characters the show has very little invested in, and that's the problem with them more than any of the actors. And I'm sorry, I still think the new Abby is just awful (and I greatly disliked Marcy Rylan in the role).

Kyle's new haircut plus his chin makes him look almost exactly like Mitt Romney. All these young characters have no direction or personality whatsoever, even talented guys like Robert Adamson, and poor Missy Egan is back to boring me to tears just like she did before Annie turned bad on AMC.

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Monday:

Eric Braeden just cannot do laid back & sweet anymore. He just can't. When he was talking about the gifts, he sounded like he would rather be cleaning chit off a toilet. And I can't even with his scene with Paul. Poor Doug Williams, he had a joke and got nothing, zero, nada from Braeden, who just ignored him and grouched. No wonder Williams threw his hands up in annoyance. And did Victor seriously walk into Paul's office to reprimand him about not protecting Nikki 30+ years ago? And then he walked out, leaving Paul's door open. Disrespectful son of a bitch. Who the f.ck does he think he is? Somebody get me my blood pressure pills!

Of course there's a tattooed stalker out there. How else would we know the person looking at Abby and Tyler's picture was the same one who broke into their room? rolleyes.gif

• Members

What were you hoping for? I lost hope after Victoria was given johnnie to raise. To be honest, in a year's time, Victoria and Billy can have no connection. If the writers are smart, they would have Chelsea sue her for custody and win. End it all for good. That way, if they recast Adam, the initial story could be Billy having to deal with his daughter's killer possibly raising his son. Chelsea having to decide if she can trust Adam to treat johnnie right. I never thought it made sense for Chelsea to give up her baby anyway.

• Members

And yet most of the time she is with Jack and Jill, they are not speaking about work. Jill and Hilary do not argue about work. And Jack and Hilary talk about everything but work in scenes. His drug addiction, summer, loneliness, etc, etc, etc...everything BUT work. Isn't that just as unnecessary?

You know what...I doubt we ever agree about the direction TPTB are taking Hilary. We may want the same things for the character but totally disagree about how to get there. Fine...let's just agree to disagree. I will try to look over your complaints about how boring Hilary has become if you try to look over my gushing over the character. Truce. :-)

• Members

The entire Chelsea raping Billy turned pregancy storyline was a stupid intro story for Chelsea. Johnny annoyed me at first but it has been almost 2 years. It is what it is. Victoria is his mother. Chelsea sue Victoria? For what? Not like she even knows the kid and what would she sue Victoria about? She has been an excellent mother to the boy. I don't need a dumb custody story that makes no sense. Besides the custody battle will next see is probably Victor trying to take Connor from Chelsea. I don't see Chelsea winning anything aganst the Newmans and she knows it. That was the whole reason for Chylan.

• Members

I don't actually see Victor taking Johnny. He has no grounds but I can see him threatening her and her caving and letting him play grandpa to Connor in Adam's absence. I mean who will be by her side after the grand reveal? Will Chloe? Will Jack? She has no other friends or family. And they have had Victor ranting about her for a while now and showing a lot of interest in Connor. But at least that is already in motion. Chelsea doesn't think about Johnny except for when it is said in passing. I doubt most new viwers even know Chelsea is his biological mother.

Well if they don't want Victoria and Billy to interact that will happen regardless of Johnny. I mean Billy and Chloe had Delia and they barely said anything to each other. Besides its not like he will fight her for custody or anything. He never has. She is always the one who takes the boy and leaves. And since he is the one who screwed up and hasn't even been a father to his son for weeks nevermind the fact his kid died on his watch... good luck with him trying to get custody. The writing is in favor of Victoria right now. I don't see it changing.

At least DT will get to really put his stamp on Billy as I feel he will be a rock bottom when he takes over. DT's Billy will get to rebuild his life. Not a bad way to reintroduce an actor.

I am glad they are giving BJ better material. I like his potential pairing with Hilary. I like that I don't know where they are going romantically with her character yet. Devon or Jack? Stitch is still an option as well. I do wish they didn't make her so goody goody. I liked her a little bad. This 180 is a but much. I hate when they completely whitewash characters overnight, but oh well. I like the actress so I will let it slide. Also loving her rivalry with Jill.

Archived