Y&R: December 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't think it is so conservative anymore. Maybe it was in the past. I mean Victoria and Neil got so much hate mail that they killed the couple. 15 years later it is a very different situation with Tyler and Abby being one of their most promoted couples. So yeah the old stigma of no baby daddies is probably gone considering plenty of women on this show have children by more than one man anyways.

I do think that they avoid Billy and Chelsea for the most part because IF they do go there they will have to talk about the elephant in the room. It is similar how they avoid Ashley and Adam scenes. If they go there then they have no choice but to talk about it. Right now they talk around it. Chelsea is a good girl now. I don't think they want to talk rape-gate as more than just Victor slamming her which can be brushed off.

• Members

I thought the health issues happened after he was written out. I don't remember anything while he was on. I thought reed was written out to free Victoria for Billy. Doesn't make sense being that Billy had Delia but he wasn't the custodial parent...have no idea why I felt this way now.

• Members

Not so sure about that being gone...I remember the seeming struggle to write the relationships of a blended family like Neil, Devon, harmony, Tucker, Ashley. None of their interactions seemed to make sense. I am sure some of that had to do with it being a Winter's related story under MAB.

• Members

I think the episode they will feature on NYE 1998 will not have DT's Billy though he is talked about a lot. It is when Billy is off in New York with John. We will see oldies like Tony, Ryan, Meghan, Tricia, Alice, Millie, and Grace though. The Colonnade Room will also be seen! Gah I missed the old sets.

• Members

They started up when he was on the set. They started to scale back his scenes as much as they could but then he had to have surgery and they wrote him out. TL and CF were also leaving the show so the timing just worked out perfectly. They had JT, Mac, and Reed leave together. He had surgery the same year he left the show and had them consistently since then. I think he had his final (crosses fingers) major surgery this year.

Well it was like that across the board to be honest. The Winters got it worse because MAB refused to write for them in any logical way. I don't think it is so bad now. Yes some people still have better material than others but that just how it goes. I do think the show is way more balance now and people aren't stuck on islands. People are interacting who never haven't in years. Nice seeing stuff like Cane talking to Victor at the ranch, Neil going to see Avery at her home, and Leslie and Nikki chatting it up at the GCAC. That would have never happened under MAB.

• Members

I wouldn't say it is focused on them but they have a huge part in it. Victor and Nikki are throwing a huge party at The Colonnade Room. Jill and Kay just started sharing the mansion and they hate it. Jack and Brad have partnered Jabot up with Forrester Creations (B&B Crossover) to launch "Brooke's Bedroom" and they are nervous if it was a huge mistake. Megan and Tony have just started dating and Tricia is worried.. Nick and Sharon give Cassie her first family holiday. Back in Madison Alice is grilling Millie about Cassie's whereabouts when Grace shows up because she is on the outs with the Newmans.

• Members

I cannot wait to watch such beautiful, classic stuff on my TV again. Is it on the 31st or 1st?

I really miss the original ranch so so so much.

However, I WILL admit that I'm more used to the new one than I ever thought I would be. Don't hold it against me!

I wouldn't say any Y&R episode was ever focused more on one set of scenes/couple. It truly was an ensemble. But I'm sure they're showing something with happy Nick/Sharon to enhance the current Nick and Sharon stuff.

Archived