GH50: December 2013 Discussion

• Replies 953
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, same here. Arthur doesn't deserve that nonsense just for our entertainment.

Topic?

I STILL don't understand WTF VeRonica is trying to do with Ava. Nor do I care, because I have the sinking feeling that AJ (you know, an actual non-retconned GH character) is being thrown under the bus to try to make us forget that she knows more than she's telling about Connie's (who?) death (and probably caused it herself).

• Members

Knowing Ron's ADD and frantic moves on behalf of new favorites, I half-expect the A.J./Ava stuff to end with the "awesome twist" of Ava revealing that A.J. really did do it and she watched. He's done lame-ass reversals like that many times, burning former favorites to protect people who he didn't anticipate wanting to keep.

Whatever happens, unless Sean Kanan is staying it's going to go out with a horrible whimper.

There's only two ways they could engage me on this - either stick it to Ava and let it play out, or reveal that it was someone totally unexpected. Like Franco or Kiki.

• Members

I want Kanan to stay and I want a halfway decent story for him, so I apologize to everyone who feels the same way, because Ron hasn't given me one damn thing I want.

Their arrogance assuming without bothering to check as late as October that Tristan Rogers would be twiddling his thumbs waiting for the February sweeps call still astonishes me.

• Members

It's so ridiculous how people dogged Tristan Rogers for not "informing" them, either - look at the show! Robert's hardly on at the moment and when he is on, he and Anna are just exchanging clunky, ridiculous dialogue about how they totally did not kill Faison. It's a waste of Scorpio. He's too good to waste.

• Members

Not only is Scorpio the character far too good for that, but Tristan Rogers the performer is far too good for that.

It boggles my mind that anyone with two brain cells to rub together would not call out Carlivati for his Twitter bitching about having to rewrite his precious sweeps (and I don't believe a WORD of what he says) because he wrote these supposed big scenes for Scorpio without bothering to inform his boss that he needed to lock Tristan Rogers up for sweeps OR Valentini didn't bother to lock him up when asked to.

Then again, Carlivati DOES tend to block anyone who doesn't worship the ground he walks on...

• Members

Oh, I'm sure Ron is telling the truth that he had big plans for Scorpio. But the fact is that those "plans" did not materialize in much screen time for the last month or so, and I am not holding my breath for much more in the month of January. I suspect they were planning to slow burn him and then bring him on great guns again in sweeps like no time has passed. Like so many storylines on this show.

I think they were doing their usual routine with a lot of these vets - have 'em on call and then expect to plug 'em in when the show is ready. It worked on OLTL with a somewhat smaller ensemble, but with GH's cast of thousands and many classic, beloved stars you have to take more into consideration. And as a working actor, Rogers had to make a decision when Y&R came to him. He's not just there at GH's whim. They should have taken the step to lock him in, even if they generally don't do that. They've been burned on this before, too - or rather, they've burned themselves and then blamed it on something else.

• Members

I know that's the era of mob, mob, mob, Jason, Jason, Jason and all but I miss the character work and dialogue that the shows then script writers had even in the worst of Guza days. I just have a feeling that this Maxie/Lulu/Spin storyline would of been so much better if the writing team from a few years ago was around.

I mean I know a lot of people here hate Spixie but they just

needed to have on last one on one conversation going over the last six years of their lives. And also about how Spin has matured and no longer thinks of Maxie as a goddess but as a human being. And Maxie needed to say that she will always love Spin (What kind of love? We can all debate that ourselves) But until she works out some things about herself they need to be apart.

• Members

Oh I forgot to mention that Maxie said she has to go to JFK for her flight. Huh? That's at least 6 hours away from where she's at in PC. I don't get why they even had her say that when the PC airport has been used to fly anywhere in the world and its local.

• Members

And really Maxie does not need to be on this Eat, Pray. Love thing. She needs to go to some clinic and get some mental help for herself. It has been obvious for the past few years that she has been this close to a mental breakdown. Hell she tried to kill herself last week!. Did Robin even tell anyone? Is it right to let your cousin leave all her loved ones right after she tries to do something like that?

Archived