GH50: December 2013 Discussion

• Members

I like Brad better always have but even now he is just a love sick puppy and based on what? the fact that they are the only two gay men currently in town? Why cant soaps write Bi characters or characters that dont declare their sexuality and just are attracted to the person?

• Replies 953
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's so sad. We have two gay men of color - rarities on TV - and they are written so poorly that folks are rooting for them to be axed in favor of blond clones.

I've been trying to watch GH over holiday break, and the fake-clever, sistah-girl dialogue for Felix is so obnoxious. It's a very lazy way to write gay characters. Brad seems better, but he feels somewhat flat to me.

• Members

Its not really wanting them to be axed. Its more at least for me wanting them to have more substance. I saw that in Kyle & Eric on NS 2. However under RC & FV Id be worried what they would write. Just like I am for how they will treat Lucas.

• Members

For me there is nothing to do for Felix. The actor has been incredibly bad from day one, he has no chemistry with any scene partners, he can barely deliver his lines.

As for Brad, I think the actor is talented, but it's tough to accept the character after he wanted to sexually assault a rape victim. It's clear that a lot of people find this shocking and wild and hot, but it just turned my stomach. Rape victims are treated like garbage in society. Why is GH encouraging this?

• Members

Not that I give a sh!t about Snobin, but that was just to show the audience terrible Snobin is denying him the child Sobby will give Patty. Then they renew their vows alone in plain clothes in the living room? Sigh... At some point, you would think that Snobin would be experiencing PTSD and Patty would be talking to her about that. Not an "a ha" pregnancy. Good lord!

Archived