GH50: Week of June 17 Discussion

• Members

Carly would usually be all up in Sonny's face telling him to shove it and reminding him how they are always there for one another. Sonny knows Carly is not afraid of him. Plot driven trash is the worst!!!!

Perhaps, she feels really bad about Liv, but that does not justify Sonny's behavior. This is pure rotgut!

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah I believe it is actually legal in more states than not. I had a weird experience doing a play--an awful comedy where there was a cousins incest joke and one of the actresses confided in me that she's married to her cousin... Tough she had some rather VERY soapy story like the met as adults didn't realize they were cousins till after hey had been together a while.

• Members

I was talking to the receptionist at my doctors office today about GH. She never goes online and she is really confused with this Todd/Starr/John thing. She had no idea what was going on so I told her. She really hates they did that because a lot of fans like her that don't go on the boards are confused. Since they were with ABC could have they just given them appearances on some of the prime time stuff until there contracts ended??

• Members

Sonny constantly turning up to warn Carly he's gonna kill her ass makes me LMAO. First of all, Sonny hasn't been a serious threat to anyone in years; Jason was the power behind the throne. Second, we all know he'd never touch Carly. It's just hilarious to watch MB try to sell it like this is 2000.

Sean Blakemore's probably done his best work on the show these last two days. He's been wasted by a show and several regimes who are afraid of a hot, strong black man. He's incredibly charismatic and attractive, but though their scenes were good he should never have been paired with Alexis. Who, I might add, once tried to kill Helena but got Katherine Bell instead.

Rafe looks and acts literally twelve years old. It's creepy to watch him in this context. And again, he's not exactly a street kid as his backstory claims.

• Members

This. The lady who cuts my hair is so confused. She thinks Todd is pretending to be Franco & Silas is a vampire. I couldn't make her understand by the end of my appointment. Then again, she also told me OLTL was supposed to come back to ABC in April so we had a lot of ground to cover.

GH manages to both act like its viewers are stupid and yet expect too much of some of them.

• Members

Sonny probably gives Shawn a pass because Shawn could kick his ass across town.

The way that "Cartini", and the stenos, write the show is that it's all a big joke and you're not supposed to care because it's a soap, soaps are stupid, soaps are just a good laugh, who cares? A lot of fans do care and want to know answers, and they just get laughed at by the show and by the hacks at the soap websites.

One of my friends who doesn't go to soap boards often has questions for me about stories and where something is going, and I try to answer, but I also end up saying, "It's made up as it goes along. They don't care if it makes sense." I don't know what else to say.

Archived