• Members

It also may very well be how she genuinely feels and sees her situation. I think Cady McClain believes in the project and believes what she's been told - there may or may not be a degree of divergence from the reality, but I think it's as good a take as any. Certainly at least as good as any of ours.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Cady McClain is a soap actor and work is hard to come by, so of course she'd be upbeat and positive about the show. She's been more generous with fans than she has to be, so if one of them decided to be rude, she was in the right to make a point about it.

• Members

Right & they are on the sets. This set may be a very good place to work who knows

Seriously I could care less who has sued JeffK & Rich F in the past.

You give me good shows, good stories and happy actors & Ill be there

• Members

I think a lot of the time online soap fandom gets caught up in their insular world of what they think things are and how they will go, and how a very limited scope of a somewhat skewed, off-brand reality is the only way to look at soaps and their future - limited in terms of people, backing, cast, crew, production, stories, media representation, professionalism, etc.

I personally don't care about the people or their reps, or the history so long as they can put out a good product. But I do believe it sometimes informs a situation. It did with Prospect Park, both then and now. Early on I was very, very, very skeptical given their background and previous treatment of the shows in 2011 - but in the end they got these programs on-air, they treat the people well and they've put out good shows and I respect that. In the end that's all that matters to me, in front of or behind the camera, regardless of my IMO valid criticisms in this thread.

That said, if they have in fact run afoul of their union deal then they need to rectify that quickly, appropriately and honestly. This kind of mishegoss needs to stop for the good of the future of the shows. Hopefully they have that future.

• Members

I also think pp spent some unnecessary money. Why does the crew get fed all throughout the week on prospect parks dime? That has to be expensive honestly as being a start up cannot afford such services. They should be bringing their own lunch.

• Members

See . . . this is some bull sh*t that they should've figure out DAY ONE. IMO, they should've filmed these shows in Atlanta. Still would've been East coast but if I am not mistaken, we don't have union rules established down here (yet) when it comes to the film industry since we're still growing. Two, they should've did these shows seasonal. Did six weeks of AMC then air the episodes and end with cliffhanger. Then do the same the next six weeks for OLTL.

I'm going to be honest but all these changes occurring so fast is not looking good in the long haul. The death knell is ringing and I can hear it. We all better get prepared.

• Members

I hope they work it out. I'm not going to throw shade at PP or the unions.

I still appreciate and admire PP for having the guts, tenacity and vision to get these shows up, running and successful. And they are successful. They're run by human beings though, not all-knowing robots. Give them a break and some credit. Even if it all goes to [!@#$%^&*] over a labor dispute, I will still consider these shows a groundbreaking success.

• Members

Who said anything about TP? Tyler's studios aren't the only studios down here. Screen Gems just put up some studios in Atlanta about two years ago and there are a few more. If these shows are trying to survive, Atlanta might be the most logical place to relocate; however, I doubt that'll happen. As I've stated before, these shows are about to go back in the vault unless ABC takes them back to fill that void that Katie is not fulfilling, which I doubt they'll do.

Archived