• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And that would be a good thing because then you'd have bragging rights about seeing the future, not just when you apparently stated this before, but now too--so at least twice! Makes it all worth it. Unlessof course they muddle thru--but then agin you heard the death knell, so...

Maids also films a lot more on location. I don't think Atlanta would save any money and that several people are jumping on this uggestion now baffles me.

• Members

Well for me, it's because I live in Atlanta, LOL.

Family Feud also films here; PP could try to arrange an AMC vs OLTL theme night and get more publicity.

In terms of the overall dispute though, I agree that PP should honor their contract, and I'm a union man.

• Members

When did I tell you what you should do? Don't start with me.

What the h*ll are you talking about? Please go have several seats because the matter ain't as serious as you're trying to make it. Again, don't try and pick a fight or get an attitude with me b/c I don't see matters going down with rainbow colored glasses.

I am entitled to my opinion. Thank you.

• Members

Jfung, I didn't realize you were in Georgia. Cool.

Attitude--I apologize, I thought my comments would read as at least slightly funny/tongue in cheek. Simmer down.

I did think your posts were a bit strange in that you had to point out that you had said these shows were doomed before, told us to get ready for that, and sounded ever so slightly self congratulator that this would prove you right. I probably mis-read you at least as much as you did, but I admit I don't really see the point of people posting "Look y'all these shows aren't gonna last!" unless there is some desire to get I Told You So credit.

• Members

One thing after another. Hopefully production actually resumes. If these shows don't come back when originally planned then I would say to expect the worst.

One thing after another. Hopefully production actually resumes. If these shows don't come back when originally planned then I would say to expect the worst.

• Members

EricMontreal,

First of all, apology accepted and I too apologize for snapping so quickly. Now moving onto the issue at hand. . . .

Yeah I think you misread b/c all I was implying that people need to get ready and it was left open-ended. That could be taken as a good thing or bad. Furthermore, I don't want these shows to fail. Never said I wanted them too. If anything, I'm one of the few on this board that champions these shows and want them to succeed. Suggesting that PP may need to move to Atlanta was a statement (and suggestion) that could possibly keep these shows afloat. Only thing I criticize these shows about is the fact that they should've put the shows out at two different times--focused on AMC from 6-13 weeks then take a hiatus. Then do 6-13 weeks with One Life then take a hiatus.

Now based on my OWN opinion, I feel the death knell is ringing with all the things occurring as of late, but as I always say when it comes to soap, I love to be proven wrong.

• Members

Absolutely--I think that's the last straw and really the time to give up.

OK, that all makes a lot of sense to me. I obviously find this a touchier subject than I'd care to admit (even to myself) and I know I've always been interested in reading your thoughts about the shows before.

• Members

Whatever happens, I think the silver lining is these shows have proven they have an audience and can turn at least some profit. I'd hate to see all this work - and good work it is, these are good shows so far - go to waste. In the worst case, I hope someone picks them up and does something with them.

• Members

I don't know that we can say that it's shown there's an audience or a profit. We need Prospect Park to actually succeed at this for longer in order to prove that. Passions lasted on DirectTV for a little while too.

• Members

I always liked this idea a lot- it seemed more manageable. And I think I'd prefer it to alternating days now- but that may be because I always have watched both although I think everyone could have adjusted after having no soap. Oh well, PP made the decision that they sink or swim together it seems and there's no changing it now.

I agree with this- in December, I did not think they would get off the ground. When it seemed like they would get off the ground, I had major fears for quality. And miraculously I find them so enjoyable (not perfect but I have never once been like I want that 24 minutes back) & I'm enjoying AMC for the first time in what seems like 100 years. While PP has made its share of colossal public missteps, I commend them for putting out a quality product against all odds.

Until they're not back in production on August 12, I'm holding on to hope. If that makes me an idiot later, its not like I haven't been burned as a soap fan before.

• Members

I don't like the one for 6-13 weeks and then the other idea. Every switch from one show to the other would be a chance to lose viewers who forget when exactly the show comes back. Also, it doesn't allow for longer arcs.

• Members

I think there's at the very least an even 50/50 chance they'll either be back or won't. I would think that now that this is actually happening and has been a massive investment that they wouldn't walk away. It's a labor dispute that can and should be settled.

I would say a better than 50/50 chance, but I've been burned by Prospect before.

If we do get through this, and I hope we do, I expect the next crisis come late August-early September will be Martian attack on the studio.

Archived