• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Speaking of DirecTV, they are in talks to buy Hulu.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/directv-three-bidders-offering-1-561622

Satellite TV giant DirecTV and two other bidders have each offered $1 billion or more for online video joint venture Hulu, Bloomberg News reported, citing sources familiar with the situation.

It wasn't immediately clear who the two other bidders are.

Entertainment conglomerates Walt Disney and News Corp., which along with passive investor Comcast/NBCUniversal own the video site, have been exploring a sale of part or all of Hulu.

• Members

This formula would not work in Soaps. The continuity and character flow depends on regularity and consistency, therefore this on and off thing would not work. Storyline arcs would suffer too since they would be incomplete in ways.

A sense of humor helps, I guess.

• Members

I haven't read through this whole thread because...well...I'm not a masochist but I hope that PP uses this hiatus to take a breath, look at the data (ratings, balance sheet, etc...) and figure out exactly what they want to accomplish with these shows. Granted this is all subjective opinion on my part but I feel like PP has been in a reactive place since they announced the shows were coming back. Every decision they've made seems to be in reaction to something else. They rushed to get the shows up and running to avoid the rights reverting back to ABC and every bump we've faced since then feels like fruit of that toxic start. OLTL especially because they've had the extra complication of dealing with the fallout from the GH crossover.

I hope that PP uses these two months to really hammer out their plan complete with goals, objectives, strategies and tactics. I hope they figure out what they really want to do. Not what they think they need to do just to make these problems go away but what they really want to happen. Look at what's already worked and what hasn't and work from there. Granted it's not a lot of information but at least it's real data as opposed to assumptions about what viewers will and won't accept.

Right now, PP looks like a car that's hit a patch of ice and every time they turn the wheel they overcorrect themselves into another spin. It's time to loosen the grip on the steering wheel, pump the breaks and steer into the skid because I really don't want this car sliding off the overpass and into a ditch where the highway patrol can't find it until the spring thaw. (Yes, I'm beating the analogy to death.)

• Members

I guess we're going to start hearing a bit from those involved with the shows.

Disappointed is an understatement. #OLTL and #AMC have overcame worse - including complete cancelation - so I'm confident we will be back.

In the meantime, we have already completed taping 40 episodes. So you will be able to enjoy the show uninterrupted until its worked out.

@dsrtprincess Yeah, that's what we're hoping for. If we come back as scheduled in August, there probably won't be an interruption

This seemed a little loaded for him to agree with:

delainey j@delainey_j33m @JaredKaplan can the workers who are w/ unions who inhibit growth. Online platform shouldn't be attached to old way of doing things.

In happier news, OLTL is top 5 today on Hulu- although I'd be happier if they overtook MasterChef

• Members

So if the issue is that PP went over budget on certain days, then all PP has to do is prove they didn't by releasing their financial books to the Union. If they did, then they need to pay the fines.

If PP didn't, and the union is still complaining.. then shame on the union.

I'm very much against unions. I think unions are needed, but they have a tendency to become very greedy. Case in point is what happened to my dad's company. One lone union out of several refused to budge on a new contract and the company had to fold.

So I'm hoping against hope that the union isn't just being greedy.

Archived