• Members

I talked to a producer for OLTL and AMC & was told I could share their thoughts

Me: still standing behind the shows, casts, crews that PP & Itase can work this out & be back filming Aug 12

Prod: I think it will be resolved soon and we'll be back on track! Thanks for your ggod thoughts!!!

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't think this was the only thing on their plate. I don't have the information you seem to want, but no information means we're all making assumptions. You're assuming that there was no research or thought and the unknowns could have been known. I do not. But enjoyed the discussion.

• Members

Correct they spent from Nov 2011-Nov 2012 getting unions on board, getting investors, studio space. Plus AMC & OLTL arent the only shows and films PP produces. They also have a music divison. So they have other intrests its not just AMC & OLTL

• Members

I want Eden to take over all PP PR- honest but positive

So, peeps. I'm, like, really upset about this latest hiccup in the life of AMC. But we're a family & I am so hopeful it will be resolved.

@leeawalla There's a temporary shut down due to a labor dispute. That's all I know. I've heard there is confidence it will be resolved.

• Members

I am probably wrong--but weren't these union regulations (about budget) specifically created in this case for this ventur--and I don't believe that was hammered out till Dec at earliest.

Giving PP perhaps a bit too much credit, I think your first point could be argued in their favour too. A LOT of this stuff--from episode numberper week, to writing staff, etc, etc, are things that frankly in such a new situation I do *not* think PP should have anticipated, or could have, before they actually went out and tried it.

• Members

I don't think the unions changed anything to suit what Prospect Park was doing, that's if you go off the the Tweet someone posted in this thread from someone at PP a few pages back about unions looking at the current set up under some old-fashion guise.

Unions don't change policy easily, but has there been an article specific to what the unions negotiated with PP? But then, none of us were there and know the final details of the agreement regardless.

Talks with the unions apparently started right after PP won the licensing agreement to these shows two years ago. Wasn't that one of the reasons it took so long to get this project off the ground? We know lengthy dialogue went on somewhere in regards to the unions and how these reboots fit in. As I said before, the ball was drooped somewhere.

This venture IS an working experiment, but we know they were granted union approval somewhere along the line to get these shows off the ground. I don't think these unions have reason to want to pick on two relatively small projects when they're responsible for much bigger things. I just don't think it's a simple issue of these unions simply picking on these shows/PP, the terms of their agreements with PP had to have been violated somewhere (don't think anyone is claiming otherwise though).

• Members

This agreement is new & is only for one year with the various guilds. Erika Slezak cionfirmed this on a interview with Z100

If they do move to a right to work state as is rumored, here are the ones that could work

The following states are right-to-work states:

Archived