• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm not really pro-PP management or pro-Union here- I'm just pro my shows and I guess trying to analyze this in some way that doesn't equal doom. I don't know the real truth and PP has certainly bungled a lot of things with this release. But I do think they must have had some logical, non-knee jerk reason for stopping production. With the 2 ep schedule, it doesn't seem like cutting 7 filming day is shooting themselves in the foot or killing the shows so I figure might as well remain calm until I know more.

I don't think PP is throwing its hands up and giving up yet by any means. I think the fact that we haven't heard much smoke blowing from them since the announcement is actually a good sign that they're actually working with legal teams and financial people to resolve this. I don't know if the shows will go back in production but I'm certainly not anywhere near writing them off just yet.

• Members

I actually do not think it's true that if PP halts production that the ABC characters revert back. I really don't know anything, and I don't mean to try and sound like I do, but based on what I've seen and heard, it sounded like PP had to have something in the can by a deadline (which was extended) to make the contract binding -- but they have the license for 10 years. So my interpretation was that they had to produce one episode by the deadline to seal the deal. As long as they pay the licensing fees, which I would assume are payable annually? And they don't default on their payments -- they will still have a binding contract.

Archived