• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
what gives you the impression that I think that she is? Its not like you read comments from me praising SID's jouranalism or some random bloggers posting about these shows. When you do, then you can come at me for treating her differently than them

• Members

He was not very anti the whole thing ... Nelson Branco broke a lot of the initial PP news this go round, although some would like to dismiss that. He was the only one still talking about PP for awhile when the project went south the first time too.

Also -

I don't agree soap fans who don't want their soaps to be cancelled and protest when they are have something wrong with them. Soaps bring enjoyment to millions, and tie people together; it's not wrong to be passionate about them. In the comparison of misplaced passion, it's certainly better than rioting in the streets because a sports team loses or wins (for example).

And-

I love the video John posted from JWoww where Kelley Missal, Corbin Bleu, Josh Kelly, and I forget who else are saying bye to her now and Corbin is reiterating they aren't cancelled!

I think the shows will be back in production by August like they are hoping.

• Members

Yeah, I wish she wouldn't say this kinda stuff either and even worse is that some of us fans -- whom have been disappointed time and time again over the past 26 months -- will grasp on to it and rationalize it in their heads as being fact.

• Members
people act like this is as serious as cancer. Anything AMC/OLTL/PP seems to be a very sensitive issue with alot of people. I wonder why people get so pressed and worked up when it comes to these shows but it does and has brought out alot.

• Members

Not concrete info but at least it sounds optimistic.

"IATSE officials are downplaying the dispute and told Backstage it should be resolved before the shows resume production in August. The producers and the union have a contract that runs through December 31."

http://www.welovesoaps.net/2013/06/iatse-expects-labor-issue-with-prospect.html

http://www.backstage.com/news/labor-disputes-raise-eyebrows-insiders-say-soaps-are-healthy/

• Members

Understandable. The production costs were too high and they weren't making enough money so they go on hiatus for maybe two months and spread out the episodes. It's sad this had to happen so early on. The writers and editors are still working so I have no reason to believe it will be on hiatus for too long and they can then continue producing new episodes.

• Members

Didn't know where to put this but I have the GH marathon on SoapNet in the background and saw them promo AMC/OLTL. I was surprised, or have the promos been airing the whole time? But, this is the first time I've had SOAPnet on since probably the GH50th marathon lol, so, I didn't know.

I've had Hallmark on lately too (in the morning for I Love Lucy and Golden Girls) and they FREQUENTLY show the AMC/OLTL hulusoaps.com promo.

So, and probably not the thread for it since we're talking numbers and costs (well, I'm not) , but I think I've seen their commercial a TON. Which is a good thing. And I saw it on HLN too during that special Emmy show that I just couldn't watch, it just felt really bad to me.

(And yes, I know the promos have aired on CW, other networks, etc. I was just making observations on where I've seen them and that I've seem them often)

Archived