• Members

You know what, dont watch then that is your choice but cut the [!@#$%^&*] out of baiting us fans who do enjoy the shows and want them to succeed. Dont you have anything better to do?

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My post had nothing to do with enjoying them, you do if you do.

But in regards to cassadine1991's assertion if GH was cancelled, if Chit (or others) wouldn't give a damn. I'm sure fans will "give a damn" but they'll move on, as most fans did when it seemed like this PP thing wasn't going to take off. Again, soaps are not immune from the pitfalls of commercial entertainment.

• Members

Even if both shows do end after the 40 episodes, or 110 episodes ordered... at least they answered the cliffhangers left over from both shows (if they can't get Susan Lucci back, then at least tell the viewers where Erica is.. and if she is single or stupidly back with Jack again).

• Members

+1

I don't really mean to bash the unions even though I honestly do not support unions generally. I guess my reaction is more knee jerk to all the PP is stupid and incompetent and most of all DOOMED to fail. I think there were a million things that could have prevented them from getting these shows off the ground, and that they were actually able to find homes for them, build a studio, hire all the people they needed, negotiate contracts with the unions, get the promotion, the financing and everything else was a miracle. I mean it. I thought it was a herculean accomplishment against all odds. A bleeding miracle. It's pretty well established that they didn't begin focusing on this project again until around August and didn't start reaching out to people until October/November. I don't know what they were doing before then. Probably working on other projects since they have a few other things percolating.

I don't think they're incompetent at all. Accomplishing this miracle doesn't scream incompetence to me. They're still standing in spite of the odds against them and all the obstacles they face(d). This is just another, and there are probably others out there looming on the horizon. Any one of those could spell the end for the project. But thus far, they've managed to chip away at anything that stands in their way and have continued to entertain me with the shows they produce. Until that changes, I will remain on the train.

• Members

Right but I thought I read thy are paid a % of the revenue that comes in

Shows end even on Daytime but Im sure There would be many a fan of the P&G soaps that were take them back twice a week if they could & would not be calling anyone entitled for enjoying them & not wanting them to end again.

• Members

Because they didn't appreciate having salt rubbed in their wounds? That's all that Ron and Frank did when they made the move to GH. It was sad to lose the show, but I would honestly have been fine with it if they'd just left OLTL behind, brought their pets to GH as new characters and let that be the end of it. But no. They basically had to lay waste to the show that had employed them both for decades.

Archived