• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't understand why it should be different though. Would any of us want to be over-worked and paid severally below industry benchmark? If that's the "old way of doing things" then I'm severally out of touch with the "new way."

PP just didn't have the infrastructure in place to support these shows, and it's biting them in the ass.

• Members

Highly doubt they will relocate since CT gives 30% on Tax Breaks and the Union is still there. The only way around that is going non union with the crew. However, doing that may not be possible as I doubt some of the vets want to work with non union crews

• Members

If I were PP, I'd shorten the episodes to 15 minutes and get more out of them. LOL. Start inserting flashbacks and [!@#$%^&*]. Until they have enough completed episodes with what they've taped already to meet the requirement established under the contract. Hee! tongue.png

• Members

They already had one episode that was only 21 minutes. If the shows are as successful for Hulu as people seem to think, I bet Hulu would make concessions. They already have when they cut back to just two episodes per week. Just saying.

• Members

I understand that John. But the union supposedly exists to serve its membership. And part of its membership is currently employed at PP when before they were all put of their jobs by ABC. Who does the union serve?

I wonder if the writers who were recently let go had anything to do with this.

• Members

Well Marlene McPherson has been outspoken about her firing I guess. I wish someone would ask if the let go writers were paid the rest of their contracts. If so & MM is bitching, she needs to shut it

Archived