• Members

@AllMyChildren & @OneLifeTolIve fans, The IATSE (International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees) union has not gone on strike. This is PP & @TOLN who have decided to start their hiatuses a week early to settle this dispute between them & IATSE.

Per @MiichaeFairman we know the writers have been told by PP to continue writing long-term stories for both soaps. We also know from PP that episodes of both shows will air thru September. This probably means the editors which are part of IATSE are still gonna work to finish editing the episodes that both soaps have filmed so far.

The plan is still to restart production August 12th 2013. I feel deep down this will happen & this dispute will be settled shortly. So as fans lets just continue to support, the shows, actors & crew. Spread the word & continue to watch.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

@AllMyChildren & @OneLifeTolIve fans, The IATSE (International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees) union has not gone on strike. This is PP & @TOLN who have decided to start their hiatuses a week early to settle this dispute between them & IATSE.

Per @MiichaeFairman we know the writers have been told by PP to continue writing long-term stories for both soaps. We also know from PP that episodes of both shows will air thru September. This probably means the editors which are part of IATSE are still gonna work to finish editing the episodes that both soaps have filmed so far.

The plan is still to restart production August 12th 2013. I feel deep down this will happen & this dispute will be settled shortly. So as fans lets just continue to support, the shows, actors & crew. Spread the word & continue to watch.

• Members
Did I say they were below poverty?

I don't know their life. I'm not claiming to.

I am saying that a union is needed to keep a fair wage for them. PP seems to have violated their agreement and I turn is low along the crew on their agreed salary, and that's wrong. The union thankfully is stepping in. Without the union they would have to take whatever PP threw at them while talent gets paid a shitload because of their union. That's not right. And the $1 an hour was extreme, it wasnt supposed to be a realistic per hour rate.

But please, if oh Ned to feel your baseless point actually holds merit, do.

• Members

She may be muzzled on this one for awhile. That said- I feel bad for the actors both the vets who have been on a long crazyass ride with the ABC/PP and the kids who have seemed so over the moon excited about this project and happy to be there. I know actors don't expect tons of stability but still.

• Members

Cady is an attention whore. She will spin this however she thinks she'll get the most attention.

As for the unions, I am on there side based on what I've read thus far. They agreed to take less than union rate for AMC/OLTL based on the budget for the shows. Then the number of shows was cut, and the shows were apparently over budget per episode, but the crews were still being paid at the lower rates, in violation of the contract. Unless there's evidence to indicate otherwise, it appears that PP is in the wrong here, and they need to get their act together.

• Members

PP was budgeting these shows at 80,000 an episode. The Bargaining agreement with Itase said they cant spend more than 125,000 per episode. PP states that they havent spent more than 100,000 an episode. The union has PP's books . If PP did go over on some episodes, they will pay a penality. If not, they wont.

Either way, I see this settled and the shows back to work as planned on August 12th

• Members

Not that i think this won't be resolved/that PP would move production to another state, but sInce the sets have already been built for the most part, doesn't PP have the hammer in this negotiation? They have actors, scripts, sets and more than two months to find another production space. Couldn't they just tell the union negotiators that they can either settle this dispute on their terms or they will move production somewhere else?

Archived