Y&R: May 2013 Discussion Thread

• Members

OT: Santa Barbara was shifted on WNBC (NYC Channel 4) from 3 in the afternoon to noon. That may be part of the erosion, I can't recall the exact date of the move except that Generations was still on the air when it happened (and then aired at 11:30 am). Santa Barbara remained at the noon time slot until it went off the air.

Nick is acting crazy...

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks, ~bl~ happy.png .

See I wouldn't know that, and that possibly did play a factor in the erosion seeing as it'd be going against two juggernauts at that time--General Hospital & Guiding Light. I was only a baby when SB aired. I'm just going off what I found online, so school me. tongue.png I'm still receptive to learning (when not being belittled in the process)wink.png . Please correct me if I wrong.

• Members

From the spoilers, it does seem like JG is going in that direction and I heartily approve. Summer should have always been Jack's child, not Nick's. I actually don't think that JG is copying that ATWT story, but rather righting LML's wrong. He was at Y&R when LML made that bad decision so he is probably trying to fix some of the things that he had no power to fix back then. Now if he could bring Colleen back from the dead...

• Members

As for Phelps I still haven't made any particular judgment yet. Nothing from her has rubbed me the wrong way yet and at least some of her FOJ's aren't bad(Mark Pinter) and her actors she's brought in from Hollywood Heights are no where near as bad as Yvonne Zima. No serial killer storylines yet (she did TWO on AW killing off both Bridgit and Frankie!). Still, back in November 2008 I myself was duped into thinking "Hey, maybe this MAB/Rauch/Sheffer/Hamner combination can work after all". Wrong! I have zero expectations for Phelps, so anything good will surprise me and as for the bad I won't be too terribly troubled, perhaps I've become desensitized watching everything from Brad's death to Ricky's death.

As for Griffith sure a stronger co-HW is needed but so far it hasn't been as bad either as his first go around with MAB when had Sabrina and Alistair Wallingford stinking up the show along with Jack&Sharon vs. Jeffery&Gloria.

This past week was a good week in my opinion and I can only hope the show can improve on its weaknesses.

• Members

There's a few characters on this show that could die imo but MAB/Hamner/Sheffer and their murder mysteries every few months turned me off of those.

I want Summer's paternity to change at this point just to watch the Phyllis fangurls heads explodes. They keep talking about what hackery it is to change Summer's paternity.

• Members

Please no Summer/Fen on the run. wacko.png I can't stand Fen at all. I like Summer for the most part.

I'm for Summer's paternity being changed. Always thought she should have been Jack's kid. The door was left open...

Some fans are already pissed.

LAZY WRITING!! FAN-FIC!! IT'S SO JFP TO CHANGE THE PATERNITY. tongue.png

• Members

Well at least Nick will come out looking like the bad guy, and I cannot wait to see the wrath of Phyllis, Jack, and Sharon. I hope they all ban together and open a can of whoop a** on Nick. And Adam needs to dig into his a** too. Nick can no longer call him a "baby stealer" when he has done the same thing and was successful until now.

• Members

I'm definitely ready for Nick to cut ties with Phyllis, their scenes are either totally lackluster or shrill, shriek-fests by Phyllis. That relationship should've remained a fling. It never had any staying power and Nick mostly looked emasculated when standing next to Phyllis, who often looked like she could devour him at any moment.

• Members

Not exactly. He never gaslighted a pregnant women and caused her to lose a baby. Stole a kid to cover up his crimes. Nick is a huge hypocrite in this but I don't think it is the same thing as Adam did.

I am looking forward to Jack and Sharon's reactions. Phyllis will no doubt lose it. Adam needs to worry about that baby he has coming with Chelsea.

• Members

Is it more of a letdown, betrayal and shock when it's revealed that a bad guy did something bad or when it's revealed that a "good guy" did something bad? By the time Adam started down his road to revenge everyone knew he was "bad." But Nick - if he knew Summer wasn't his child and let everyone think she was - fooled everyone for years. That's a terrible, horrendous thing to do, and there's no excuse for it that will change the fact that it was wrong and bad.

If Nick was continuous state of grief over losing Cassie when he did all the "bad" he did (starting with cheating on Sharon and the 10 month to a year period where he might have lied about paternity right up to this day) then I can see that Adam was also in a continuous state of grief for the time he was doing all the horrendous things he did - he'd lost his one constant in life and learned that his whole life as he knew it was a lie, a lie told to him by his mother. It messed up his mind, and he lashed out. Losing Cassie messed up Nick's mind and he lashed out too.

Both Nick and Adam were shattered by things that happened to them, and they both did horrible things because of it. Only difference is that Nick got away with his bad things for a long time, because who would ever think such a good guy would do something so awful? He'd be getting away with everything still if Summer hadn't started sniffing around Kyle, forcing Nick to possibly come clean about what he seems to know.

• Members

^^

Regardless, stealing a baby is stealing a baby. Adam might've did it because he was covering his crimes, but Nick possibly did it b/c he's greedy and feared losing Phyllis. Both of them are wrong and I am with most of the people on here in that I want this to FOREVER sever ties between Nick and Phyllis for good. Those two should've been a fling and maybe had short run of a relationship, but never should've paired together as long as they were.

• Members

I will never understand what possessed the writers to turn Nick and Phyllis into this great love. They were having sex. It should have been left at that. I have never gotten past Nick getting a replacement daughter right after Cassie died. Talk about heartless.

Archived