Y&R: May 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Team REAL Victoria. I can't be doing with this dead-eyed fauxToria finally waking up just because she's in a scene with Eric Braeden.

Ok... that's kind of mean. Amelia Heinle was decent in Tuesday's episode. She was present and committed to her scenes. But she still bores me to tears. And one thing Victoria should NEVER be -- is boring.

Sad about Gus. :(

• Members

I am glad that Traci's stay is not super short. I peaked in to see her and catch up with Tyler. Beth is still very lovely and is aging very nicely. It was good to see Traci still speaking her mind and watching out for her brother. I miss that about the Abbotts. The siblings were always interfering in each other's lives as they tried and fail to protect each other from getting hurt by their various love interests. Jack and Billy might as well be strangers who occasionally share a scene.

I hate that Traci no longer has a child. I will never stop wishing that the writers find a way to bring back Colleen. I read somewhere that Traci will have scenes with Lauren. Traci better not end up giving Lauren a shoulder to cry on. I rather they snark at each other.

Tyler was hot working on the bag at the gym, but he would have been hotter without the wifebeater.

• Members

I was REALLY shocked by this.

But the directing felt extremely subpar. The paramedics were awful actors and this scene had to be reshot because apart from being shocking I though it was done just baaaaaad. I felt as if it were taped amidst lunch break.

• Members

Yes, there was something off about that scene. Not faulting the actors who put their all in it. There was actually a really sweet moment when Tyler called Gus "Dad" and Gus looked in surprise at Leslie and nuzzled his head tenderly into Tyler's shoulder (Tyler was holding him). Then, suddenly -- the scene cut and next thing we have the paramedics going "He's gone." Like, what?!

• Members

I was truely surprised. It's a nice twist and can be played right. And t's about time that a minor character gets the shaft-. In recent years soap were too gung ho on killing lgagcy characters for sh*ts and giggles. We'll see what Gus' death brings to light.

I find the show mediocre right now. There are some bits I love while the rest is totally flat for. And that includes basically everything with someone of the name Newman, irrelevant if he/she is a Newman by birth or marriage...

Shockingly enough the writing for Billy and Victoria is quite good but I just can't stand either actor in the respective roles anymore. Dunno if its their fault but there is so much crappy and boring story baggage I associate with them, I just cannot stomach to watch one more second of them.

• Members

From the Jeanne Cooper thread (didn't think it was appropriate to discuss this there):

I couldn't care less what JFP allegedly did at other shows. Nearly everything she's done at Y&R so far has directly contradicted what her detractors were so sure she was going to do to Y&R. To assume she's already taking delight in dismantling the Chancellor set is poor form, in more ways than one.

• Members

I was watching some old episodes and I don't get all the negativity with Y&R. Granted, I've taken a long break and don't watch day-to-day, but the show feels like Y&R again. After 40 years, the only thing I care about are the actors - love em or hate em, I applaud them for holding on. Thomas-Scott, Braeden, Stafford, Leblanc, Davidson, Bergman, Bregman, St. John, Case, Walton, Linder, they are all worthy in my book. They have all had their highs and lows with different regimes, and after 40 years, I'm done with the criticism/stories/missed plots/etc etc, I just want to see my show and characters. Sadly, without Jeanne it will be a little harder, but the familiarity of Y&R's major characters (which created years of stories - both good and bad) will always be their trademark.

Archived