GH 50: Discussion for the Month of April - May 3, 2013

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think it's just a lazy remark to begin with, but AJ has a history of prejudiced comments about AIDS, and has had unprotected sex, so there's even more annoying. The problem with this type of cheap writing is you degrade both Carly and AJ. AJ is 45-50 years old and he's often written as a punk. There's no need for it.

• Members

I'm also further amused that AJ making an STD comment/joke (someone enlighten me on which it was) at the Slagbeast is a heinous offense committed by the character/Ron's writing, considering that none of you had sh!t to say whenever that snaggletoothed skunk hurled the vilest insults at Robin for being HIV+.

• Members

This is a show that wrote a pregnancy due to unprotected sex, announced as that ball.

I mean really RC didn't even bother to pay lip service to HIV or AIDs research at that ball. I'm pretty jaded and even I was appalled at the crassness of his NB ball.

• Members

Exactly. I have read far more offensive things on this board over the years. People make fun of someone looking fat, old, having had plastic surgery, looking like a post-op, like a heroire addict and nobody minds. Nobdy has ever been offended. Soap fans can get as mean as they want, but fictional characters have to behave and be nice to each other. I don't get this board sometimes.

Archived