GH 50: Discussion for the Month of April - May 3, 2013

• Members

Presuming that SON hadn't existed ca. 2005-2006 (which I'm too lazy to look up):

1. Plenty of you have professed to have been watching this show around that time

2. If folks can dredge up decades-old dialogue, then I see no reason why one couldn't do the same to condemn those bigoted insults

If anything, this proves my point about SON being anything but unbiased.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't understand why people should be OK with AJ throwing around ugly remarks about STDs just because Carly has too. Sure, I'll condemn Carly's comments. I condemned them when I was actually a fan of the character, all those years ago. Anything she's said since, I'll condemn. I still think it's tacky and degrading for AJ to say it.

I wasn't talking about 2005-2006, I was talking about the late 90s. I don't know what Carly said in the interim, as I lost interest in her, and most of GH, years earlier.

• Members

Simply put, some folks are cherry-picking what they decide to be offended by because:

1. this was written by Ron Carlivati

2. their favorite character was on the receiving end

I guarantee that if folks would take this as it was (with some ^5ing and gif-plauding) if:

1. this was written by hack Guza

2. this was said to one of their hated female characters (bonus points if the Slagbeast was the one to say it as the last word)

Judging how dreadful I've heard that Ron has done my girl, I doubt it.

• Members

The same reason why some think it kosher for that Slagbeast to hurl bigoted insults at other characters and cheer her on whenever she lays hands on other female characters, while roasting other characters over the coals for retaliating. The point is, all this faux-concern about AJ making an STD comment/joke about the Slagbeast is hypocritical as sh!t

Though those late 90s scenes can also apply, I'm referring to the scene when that heifer publicly denigrated Robin in telling her that she was unloveable/unfvckable to any man because she was HIV+ in front of Patrick.

• Members

I'm reading the Twitter recap, and I don't see how any Brenda/SB fan could love the scenes after the writing for her this time around. I usually love to make fun of her, but I had nothing to work with because she was so far OOC all to prop that POS clown. Heinous! Absolutely heinous!

Archived