DAYS: January Discussion Thread

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Adrienne was pissed off at the mother who helped make Will the person he is, and Will's lying broke her son Sonny's heart. She wanted to blow off some steam because she blames Sami and Sami's drama for Will turning out to make the decisons he did. She already thought that in September and this confirmed it. Adrienne is "irrelevant" to Sami's "current family issues" because Sami doesn't care about Sonny that much even though Sonny is the love of Will's life. But Adrienne does care about Sonny and what happened to Sonny. Sami's history is very relevant to how Will acted. Honestly, I don't understand why it would be strange that Adrienne would confront Sami. She didn't have to want Sami to do something about it. She just wanted to get it off her chest and hopefully make Sami feel ashamed. It didn't work because Sami pointed out the reality that what Will faces with the rest of his life is far more serious than Sonny's hurt. But Adrienne still had very understandable motivation.

Anyway, moving on, Thursday's episode was another great one. Every scene was well-constructed and hit all the right notes. Every day on Days is like a masterclass of soap writing ever since I started watching a few weeks ago. Melissa Salmons, Janet Iacobuzio (the writer for Thursday), David Levinson, the Cullitons, Jeanne Marie Ford, there may never have been a better group of script writers in recent soap history. Not a weak writer among them, and then you add Lorraine Broderick doing breakdowns as associate head writer on top of that, and the experience of Gary Tomlin (who seems to have way toned down his campy tendencies) and Chris Whitesell -- wow! I know I keep praising the writers over and over, but that's how I feel.

Thursday, what happened was the calm before the storm ... I love that everyone almost worked something out regarding the baby. "It will be a miracle if this all works out," haha, as Rafe said. But it was still good to see an optimistic image of what could be, if everyone would try to work together! Glad Rafe and Will are on good terms again (though I thought it was funny that he acted like he knew Will would be at the sonogram instead of saying Abigail told him -- a bit sneaky there, Rafe). Glad Will and Gabi are on good terms, and even Nick seems willing to back off if Sami and Will don't escalate on custody. I liked Abigail's talks with Chad (she hates what he did, not him) and Gabi too. i didn't know Abigail is a virgin but that's cool! Looks like Lucas got Sami to see she needs to get on Rafe and Gabi's good side to be part of the baby'd life. Sldo, Lucas and Justin found common ground on sticking up for Will. Sonny and his mom made up, with both admitting some fault and reaffirming their love. The family hug with Justin, Adrienne, and Sonny was touching (and Will opening the door on it then making his exit till the parents left was funny). I liked Cameron saying he would try to work on forgiving Chad. This was the "can't we all just get along?" episode, without ever feeling fake, saccharine, or boring. Even if it won't last, it offers a hint of what could have been. To me, it was a well-appreciated, uplifting shift and lull. That hope and optimism is something to hold on to and remember, both for the viewers and the characters, before the next wave of discord and tragedy hits.

I love that Will tried to make something happen with Sonny although Sonny was right that it wouldn't have solved their problems. Speaking of stopping sex, EJ stopping with Sami sort of answers the question I had whether he was being creepy (answer is no).

• Members

I think Wally Kurth is a supporting actor, not a lead (hated Ned! Didn't see his previous work as Justin). I wish they did use Justin a little more. I think he and Adrienne should have a little more material together, as they must have a complicated relationship. Adrienne has such a rough past, that could be explored too. I could see her as a counselor.

• Members

Adrienne is Will's baby momma, right? She seems so sweet. I like Sami better when she's not flaking between men, but it feels like a pitbull trying to eat a harmless butterfly, at least when I catch their scenes.

Oh, I remember there being another Adrienne in DAYS history. Are we talking about that one?

ETA:Ok

Lightning bolt.

Adrienne is Sonny's mother. Will loves Sonny. Sonny loves Will. Sami is bat-bleep crazy. Will is her seed.

• Members

Yes.

Will was not dealing with his life in general and Gabi had just been exposed as kidnapping Melanie to try to get Chad. They are bestfriend and used to date. They had sex because they are idiots using sex to feel better and forget their problems. She gets knokced up, Nick is released from prison and he and Gabi instantly fall for eachother because they are a couple of insane people. Will has a turn around with new writers and is happy go lucky and dates Sonny then Gabi finds out shes pregant, in front of Sami who assumed Nick was the father. Nick hatches a plan to pass the baby off as his and Will & Gabi agreed.

Adrienne, Sonnys mother, did not want him dating Will because of all Sami has done. Sami went in on her over this issue because Will overheard it and was down on himself. This is basically exactly what she was talking about and blames Sami for wills actions.

Gabi is the sister of Rafe and he knows what she did to Melanie. EJ also knows. EJ and Rafe blackmailed eachother over it but i kinda checked out during that.

• Members

LOL chihuahua, butterfly, what analogies! Good point, JackPeyton, Will does keep Sami and Sonny separate. I did like that Sami asked Lucas what he though they could do to help with the Sonny situation, although I understand why Lucas said that was Will's issue to deal with too.

I liked Wallly Kurth as Ned on GH. I remember when Claire Labine made him and Lois a focus of GH, and he pulled off being a lead well enough. Hope his double duty doesn't take him away from Days if he can be used in upcoming story here

I will have to read up on Justin and Adrienne's history. I would like to see them on more too. I am a fan of Judi Evans from AW as well.

• Members

I keep my boyfriend pretty seperate from my freinds and family, but i also keep most of my friends seperate from my family too. Im just not a fan of it all being mixed up. I need escapes and stuff. Plus, when im done with a guy I really need to not see him hanging out with my friends LOL.

Wally is great! I love Justin and Adrienne. I dont think GH will impact Days much, as Days tapes so far in ahead it should be an issue for him to hand in his tape dates at days to GH well before they even write anything as GH is like weeks at most ahead.

Justin/Adriennes entire romance is on youtube in edits. I blasted through it not too long ago. Judi is amazing, shes on The Mentalist now, recurring.

• Members

My god Lucas is such a birch. I could have sibs without him commenting on Sami's love life

I'm glad EJ pulled away from Sami

As far as Andrew goes, he's dead and I don't see him coming back. Although I still want him to be Kristen's son and would love if she arranged to have his death faked to protect him from going to jail

Archived