DAYS: January Discussion Thread

• Members

I thought Monday's episode was fine but there was a little too much of people talking to themselves.

I think it was good that Jennifer was trying to see things from Chloe's point of view, and also good that Hope was there to not let Jennifer even think of just standing aside. This triangle is a mature story.

I like that Kristen feels bad about what she has done to Brady. I liked that Brady was defending Nicole to Kristen and Kristen to Nicole.

I don't think whatever Nicole's plan is, to plant the thumb drive with corporate data presumably, that it will succeed in driving a wedge between Brady and Kristen. The show is writing characters to be a little smarter than just falling for the first plan out of the gate. 'For example, Daniel didn't fall for the Child Protective Services thing or for Chloe moving in to his place for the good of Parker. I hope Daniel really does realize Nicole was trying to do something with Brady's computer.

I'm glad Chloe admitted she still held out hope about being with Daniel and Daniel firmly but nicely explained that was not to be. Of course, then he stupidly leaves his phone behind and leaves Chloe alone in the place.

Also, thanks Michael, glad my newbie posts are interesting!

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Of the core woman in Salem the majority of them are not universally liked, Nicole, Kate, Sami, Kristen, Gabi and Chloe are all equally disliked. The others Marlena, Maggie, Hope and Jen are basically well liked unless someone is going after their man.

But on today's show I felt bad for Kate the way that Billie dissed her. As for Nicole and Kristen, Nikki is playing with fire and she is gonna get burned BIG TIME!!!

• Members

I just cant with this Chloe storyline

These woemn are not all equally disliked. I wouldnt put Gabi in the same category as everyone loves her with Sami and Chad being the only ones in town that hate her at the moment. Sonny isnt too fond of her but he doesnt hate her.

Kate is actually pretty respected and isnt hated by anyone except for Sami, Nicole and Chloe. Maggie tolerates her but I wouldnt say she hates her.

Kristen. Everyone either dislikes her except for her 3 family members and Brady or outright hate her. She is the most hated woman in Salem at the moment.

Chloe is hated by Kate and Victor. Disliked by Jen and mostly deemed irrelevant to everyone else

Nicole. Hated by Abby, Jen, Kate, Sami, Victor.

• Members
She convinced Daniel to let her move in temporarily for Parker's sake so he doesnt get too confused with all the changes. Jen called Daniel's phone bc she wanted to meet up wtih him and Chloe made sure he didnt see it. When Jen came over, Chloe answered the door, wearing only his shirt with her hair wet like she just took a shower. She acted dumb like she didnt realize what she was doing but let Jen know nothing was going on between her and Daniel. She is beneath these stupid juvenile games and doing nothing but making an ass out of herself. She is being written like Gabi was last year when she was thirsty for Chad

• Members

I can agree that Chloe's actions are needy/juvenile, but you can still see her point of view, and what is quoted above is inaccurate on a couple of fronts:

1) Chloe has not moved in with Daniel. Chloe tried, but did not convince Daniel to let her move in temporarily for Parker's sake (which Daniel did not buy for a minute). Daniel said no to that. Chloe admitted she still had feelings for Daniel and Daniel gently told her he had moved on. It was a mature, honest conversation in a sense. Chloe was just there alone because Parker was sleeping; Daniel told her as he was leaving out to lunch that she shouldn't wake Parker up, and that she and Parker could leave after Parker woke up.

2) Also, Chloe didn't deliberately keep Daniel from seeing that Jen had texted him about coming over to surprise him for a picnic lunch. Daniel already accidentally left his phone behind in the apartment when the text from Jen came. Chloe used it to her advantage but she never "made sure Daniel didn't see it"; he had already left and he had left the phone behind himself.

In other matters:

Tuesday was another good episode. I liked Billie explaining how she felt she had had to pretend to go along with Kate's plans and she didn't want to be dragged down. This was probably Lisa Rinna's last airdate.

I liked that Daniel continued to be suspicious of Nicole and didn't fall for her covering when he caught her looking guilty after she swiped data from Brady's computer. I think Daniel is a lot more interesting than I thought at first.

Jennifer and Kristen's previous friendship was mentioned. Daniel suggested a double date to Brady. I am glad Daniel did not jump in on piling on pressure on Brady about Kristen. I liked Brady's analogy to Victor that the Hortons were all against Maggie getting involved with Victor, but Maggie saw something in Victor, and good thing she didn't listen to "everyone who loved her" as everyone wants Brady to listen to them about Kristen.

I was laughing so hard at Nicole getting stuck in the hotel room after she planted the data. Her face when she thought she'd have to wait through Kristen and Brady having sex! Hahaha.

Hoping Will and Sonny will be on tomorrow.

• Members

^^^ Thanks. I guess I should pay more attention but the Daniel/Jennifer storyline is really painful to watch

I appreciate the fact that Billie just got an exit but I hate that she's gone. I kinda hope she'd still be in town off screen with the possibility of popping up every so often. The scenes between LR and LK were so good. That stuff seemed to come out of nowhere though bc Billie was always so jovial around Kate. They should have made more of an issue out of things to build up to this

Archived