DAYS: January Discussion Thread

• Members

I have a strong suspicion they were totally prepared to use Billie as Kate's sounding board long-term but found out last-minute about her departure and made the neccessary hasty exit. It's a shame since she's been a joy every time she's been on screen this go-around. I will really miss her.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

As soon as Billie turned to Kate and said "We need to talk about what you are doing," I knew something was up with Billie leaving. Sigh. I am really sad about. Kate & Billie (and Kristen obvs) have been giving me life in some otherwise iffy Days episodes.

• Members

I'm glad yesterday wasn't the end of Billie and we at least got some heartfelt moments today. But also, I can't with the abruptness of ARE YOU HURTING BECAUSE BO IS MISSING? conversation Rafe had with Hope. I've actually been loving the show so much lately (even aspects of this damn Daniel storyline) but I hate hate hate when it still pulls stupid stuff like this. Do we really need another go-round of Kayla/Steve's offscreen break-up, now with Hope/Bo? Do something else. Please. And speaking of Kayla, I guess her and Abe have been dropped?

"The gay boy tried to murder EJ DiMera!" killed me. I can't wait till Nick tries to use this against them, because he has no idea that EJ knows and is in Will's corner. The last think Nick needs is EJ DiMera, Kate Roberts and Sami Brady as enemies.

I've loved the turn in the Nicole/Brady/Kristen story, because what I was missing was more action in Days and I'm loving the minor schemes that are sprouting up in each episode. Brady yelling at Nicole was heartbreaking, because I really am getting the "addict" vibe instead of the traditional idiot vibe. I hope they play it that way. It was also telling that Brady learned Marlena went to the same lengths to get Kristen away from him. I'm looking forward to the fight over the "I know what you did" note. There've been a lot of really fun pieces to every story lately.

• Members

I hate that Kate went from having half her entire litter in town back to just one in the span of six months...LK and LR really brought it the last two days..Once again DAYS gives its best writing and scenes to characters as they're leaving town.

Kristen and Nicole is going to be delicious.

• Members

Okay. But here's the thing...I love Kayla. I do. I'd love for her to have a story...even a little one. I think Mary Beth is pretty much wasted on this show (and she's not the only one). Every once in awhile they give her something to do and she does a fine job with it. But...the thought of Kayla and Abe as more than friends? It doesn't excite me. They have a nice friendship. They have the occasional nice scene. But there's nothing that makes me sit up and say, "Hey! Kayla and Abe! Great idea!" I think if they're ever gonna write Kayla any kind of real story, they'll need to bring in someone new. A doctor, maybe. Not someone that she gets along with perhaps. That could be fun. But Kayla and Abe...I don't see it happening, really. Plus, MBE's recurring, so maybe they'll never go there with her. She'll be Dr. Johnson and supportive friend/daughter and that's it. I don't really like that idea because she's capable of more, but I don't see any way around it unless they hire someone in her age range that she clicks with.

For his part, Abe could maybe work with Maxine.

Bo and Hope having problems? Guess that might be where that story's taken...but what else are they going to do? Peter decided to leave, right? Bo's not going to be onscreen. That means they have to explain his absence somehow, and sooner or later something'll happen that Bo would HAVE to be around for, and his absence will have to be really explained at that point. Yes, they might handle it in a similar manner to Steve and Kayla's marriage ending, but maybe not. They don't have to REALLY kill Bo, but it could look like Bo's dead, couldn't it? That would free up Kristian for another love interest whenever the show's ready to go there, and it would keep Bo and Hope's ending different from Steve and Kayla's, since that one's relatively recent. It would also keep the door open for Peter.

I can't seem to like Daniel. Too many women in too short a time, for one. For another, the show has bent over backward to MAKE him fit into Salem...let's see godfather (Vic), mother, long lost daughter. New son. Numerous ex-girlfriends. Now, that doesn't have to be a bad thing, but with Daniel, it just WAS. Getting involved with his patients. Dumping women and immediately looking for his next conquest almost before a week would pass.

Too much, I think.

Boy. They've done a number on Nick. From basic nice guy with nerd-like tendencies to killer to obsessive, overbearing, controlling guy. Berris is a good actor, but wow.

Kristen and Nicole. That'll be fun.

• Members

Kristen to Marlena: "Are you done doing things that only make you look stupid? ....You're a hypocrite and whats worse is that you dont own it"

ZING!

Billie to Kate: "You know Im always gonna come back" Please, please do. Those scenes were perfectly done and I loved the chemistry between Rinna and Koslow even though they look more like sisters than mother/daughter

Nick: "The gay boy tried to kill EJ Dimera" whistling.jpg

and without being firmly planted in the Dimera fold, it feels as if she is all alone. She as a character really benefited from having family connections and they are far and few between now.

• Members

I still think Shelley's show (The Secret Circle) was canceled WAY before it should have been. Almost wonder if it would have been better off on cable rather than the CW. If I recall, I don't think CW's Thursday shows have better ratings than Circle did. Still, Shelley will pop up on something.

It's going to be a matter of time. I think Molly's going to hit it big if she gets the right project. She had a funny tweet about Eloise being her line partner a few days ago, so I wonder if she's auditioning for a pilot or two...

• Members

Mmm. That Brian/Sonny kiss! I'm eager for him to finally be a spoiler in the Sonny/Will relationship. Now that they're broken up, I'm confident the show will do the work to show why they work as a couple (because I think they do). And I'm glad Will and Sonny are now being written as actual characters, instead of having Will lust after EJ every day.

Speaking of EJ. Today's script (who wrote today's? and how can I find individual scriptwriter credits online, I haven't been able to with the episode credits) managed one thing I never thought would be true for me. I love EJ and Sami together. I've always sort of been over them since the rape and the endless merri-go-round with Lucas, then Rafe. But I've always agreed Rafe wasn't the "hero" everyone was making him out to be and now that Lucas (the man I've always preferred Sami be with) seems to have an interesting story coming up being involved in Nick's new scheme, I'm on board for Sami/EJ. That was a really great scene between them at the end.

Archived