HOLIDAY MIRACLE: Prospect Park Back On Track To Revive AMC and OLTL

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

AMC has fewer vets signed than OLTL. And Yet I still have more concerns about OLTL than AMC. Thorsten has signed with AMC which I think is huge, even though I'm definitely not a fan. And while GH fans seem to think John and Todd are so critical for GH, and so unneccessary for OLTL -- it's really kind of disturbing that OLTL has NO true leading men signed. Are Clint, and Bo and David, and Cutter really going to be the lead males on OLTL? but I guess if GH can hijack a couple of leading men from OLTL and in less than a year make them the central focus of GH? anything is possible.

• Members

I'm the other way around, I think AMC doesn't have as much of a chance as OLTL does. It's telling that OLTL has more people signed. Sure I know there'll be more names to come, blah, blah plus all the recasts. At least OLTL will have alot of familiar faces in comparison

• Members

I think AMC has a great chance to start fresh. Some of the new hires are promising. They just need to secure several more key preexisting characters and vets. Without a Bianca or a Kendall to back up some of those kids, you've got a problem. Dixie is a good start. And of course, it's not AMC without Erica - or at least Erica away on business, but back very, very soon to shake it all up.

• Members

I never ever considered One Life to Live as a soap that even attempted to make any male characters lead (and for the longest time it seemed to have the most Emmy wins for Lead Actress). It's always been extremely busy with women and I think that is one reason why it has such a loyal following amongst gay males such as yours truly.

Girl, you know we love our Prisoner Cell Block H, Mama's Family, Golden Girls, Hot in Cleveland and other shows that weren't dependent on testosterone.

General Hospital, especially under Jill Farren Phelps' reign of terror, was always the show that made the male species the be all and end all in Port Charles. I'm happy with Llanview being full of fruity and feisty gals.

Archived