HOLIDAY MIRACLE: Prospect Park Back On Track To Revive AMC and OLTL

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I too hope Jack didn't get shot! I'd rather that he left town after splitting up with Erica.

It's funny because I was talking to my friend, Michelle, who used to watch the CBS soaps back in the 1980s and she said something like "Erica Kane is All My Children", which I disagreed with and tried to educate her about the main families of Pine Valley, but I think a lot of people who don't know much about AMC feel that way. Personally, I agree that AMC could survive without Lucci because AMC was never just about one character. That said, the closer they get to taping, the more convinced I am that PP has worked out some sort of deal with Lucci to eventually appear.

• Members

Regarding Jacob Young, I wonder if the Bells would let him do both B&B and All My Children? The shows really don't compete with each anymore. Obviously, it may not be worth it for Jacob to do the cross country commute given that his AMC salary would be less than what it was when the show was on TV. Just a thought.

• Members

Not shocked Walt wasn't asked back. I'm going to assume Susan won't be a part of it either (at least full time). I'd love to be wrong on that though but she really is pretty busy now, with filming for two shows, likely in different locations. Isn't Devious Maids filming in Atlanta? Maybe it'll end up bombing? Anyway, Jack had a pretty great exit, IMHO, snatching his balls back from Erica, telling her he didn't give a damn and walked out on her. I'd say his last scene was pretty great and memorable. And he could still return somewhere down the line.

Also, glanced through the new Soap Digest today. Interviews with Robin Strasser and Vincent Irizarry. Sorry I don't really remember much. Irizarry praised Ginger Smith and seemed to really really champion her. Strasser praised Susie and Pepperman. There really was nothing groundbreaking or new though. Strasser is a feature interview, on the cover, while Irizarry's is a two page interview.

• Members

That's your prerogative--but I can't help being bitchy and pointing out you've been saying things like that since the FIRST deal was signed...So I doubt anyone's surprised tongue.png

As for it being telling that more peple signed for OLTL, I'd argue that's just due to where people are at--there are slightly more people who were with AMC it's last year who now have other gigs (be it acting or as host) than OLTL people. It doesn't mean one cast was better than the other by *any* means, it'sjust how it is.Also I think people at AMC gave up on the online version quicker--the first deal was don amongst tons of gossip that maybe they'd just do OLTL anyway, the deal didn't fall through until OLTL hadjust finished taping, etc.

• Members

There we agree. I guess if they needed JR for a week or so to set up some story, he could do that (how often is he on BB and don't they have a taping schedule with one week out a month), but there's no way he'd go to AMC online at this point on a contract, or IMHO even recurring basis.

I still wanna hear from Julia Barr :(

• Members

To many peoplewho aren't soap fans at all (so, this doesn't include your friend), Susan Lucci and AMC are connected--or actually more like SUsan Lucci and soap operas general. Some (though at least of my generation, much less) have a similar Luke and Laura and GH thing. OLTL may be lucky that it doesn't have that (again, for non soap viewers). Although really, while I want Susan there in some capacity (I get the feeling she wouldn't be ab le to stop herself from saying no to *occasional* appearances) if PP are gonna try to make any attempt at catching a new audience who didn't watch soaps, they aren't gonna try a few episoes of AMC and seeing no Susan Lucci just give up.

I'm actually curious with to what extent they will try to re-introduce, or give some backstory (please don't do tons of that old soap cliche "backstory dialogue" where mid convrsation they go into ridiculous details of their history) to attract potential "first timers".

Was Gottlieb still there when Strasser returned? I'm thinking yes, but it changed over to Susie as EP pretty quick, didn't it--and she helped create all that Vicki/Dorian stuff around the DID.

Archived