DAYS: November Discussion Thread

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

For a hot second, I thought they might have Gabi have an abortion even before Sami alluded to it because it would provide the type of resolution that we just got with Nicole's fall down the flight of stairs. I think she's too far along to go there, and I don't see why they would have her miscarry.

I've had that feeling a couple of times as well.

I've been shocked by the amount of PDA going on between Sonny / Will over the last couple of weeks. I think it is more than most straight couples have received on the show in recent times. Considering the comments when Will and Neil kissed, I would consider that a step in the right direction. While Will and Sonny's encounter wasn't nearly as graphic as Fish / Kyle, I was shocked we got as much as we did even though it was mainly afterglow.

I do hope you're wrong regarding Sonny / Will. I'm hoping they split for a bit, not because Gabi's having Will's baby, but because of Sonny's fears that Will is unsure of his feelings regarding his sexuality given the fight Sonny / Will had just prior to Will / Gabi having sex. Also, since I think it's pretty clear Chad is the one who is going to open the can worms, I'm hoping the secret goes on long enough to justify Sonny leaving Will because he was willing to keep mum about the child's paternity.

I've been excited since Gabi and Will had sex, but that's a fairly unpopular opinion round these parts. I didn't expect Sami to become involved so early on. I figured Gabi's pregnancy would provide conflict for Rafe / Sami, but I didn't expect the lying to start this soon. I'm hoping we finally have a nice slow burn storyline that should take us to at least May sweeps if not later.

For whoever was asking about Eric and Nicole's last scene, here it is:

Start around 35 minute mark.

• Members

Nicole/Eric is predictable, and im not sure if i can ship Ari/Greg yet as I need to see more of their chem together, but i do think she needs to be rebuilt after years of abuse. She wasnt just in an abusive relationship with EJ, she craved it. But it works with her character and her history and it will be interesting to see how she is with a decent guy. Plus, she actually deserves the wrath of Salem and it will create a contrived us against the world dynamic I usually enjoy, lol. I just hope they actually take it slow and bring them together instead of instantly in love again.

I am loving Sami being featured in this Gabi/Will storyline as well as the kristen returns story. It is so nice to see her outside of propping rafe and EJ for once. I really buy that Sami cares about Gabi and wants to be there for her. Putting Nick in her orbit via competing job offer from Kate adds a good dynamic there too. Id like to see her and Sonny form a bond at some point too, maybe her see what a good guy is and how he is good for Will, just to add even more. I also thought it was funny Sami was there when Gabi learned she was prgo with her grandchild. Grandma Sami, Greatgrandma Kate. This poor kid. I love the Gabi storyline and have been a fan of where it can go from the moment we found out will and gabi had sex. Nick being against being gay adds even more fuel to this story. The only issue is gabi/nick were rushed, but then again its not uncommen for i love yous on day #2 so...

• Members

I forgot to say, I am happy they at least brought up abortion. I do not see it happening, as I think this is one of the rare soap pregnancies that will end up in an alive baby, but still. Also loved Sami trying to relate her teen pregnancy with Will, even tho the circumstances are different.

I am also LOVING Kristen. Her return is one of the best days has done in many, many years. And ED is looking great!

Greg Vaughan :wub:

• Members

IA about Kristen. She really needs to get away from John though. I do not think she is here to cause trouble for he and Marlena and I dont think she is hung up on him but their "relationship" is almost coming across unhjealthy to me. For her own sake, she shouldnt be interacting with him this much. If they run into each other fine, but going and seeking him out? I fear she may fall into old habits and start getting attached to him and crave his attention.

Eric's a priest? WTH, did not see that coming and dont like it.

• Members

Any time they introduce a "hunk" priest on a soap, you know exactly where they're going with it... how long before someone gets the priest in bed?

Gabi, Will and Sonny all seem too incredibly nice to make this interesting. Either Gabi or Sonny will lose their [!@#$%^&*] down the line.

Are Maggie and Victor a couple?

N/m, I guess so.

• Members

I guess Missy's one of those actresses who is just SO unappealing playing the 'bitch,' because she was 1000x more likeable this week. I never minded Jenn's spats with Eve and that one fight with Sami in '02--they were really good fun! But Jenn's turn at bitchiness with Nicole this time was all wrong. But then again, it was never anything other than horrifying to see her ice out Jack in '11 and '01!

She's been looking great this week! I noticed that everyone's better styled this week, except for Ari Zuker--for such a beautiful woman, they really f it up every time with her.

• Members

I think all the episodes this week have been great, I really do. Ya, the show is underwhelming, but it's also really, really solid. I know that they need to generate sustainable interest, though.

I've been so pleasantly surprised with how "Days" has been 'going there' with Will & Sonny; their sex scene wasn't as racy as Kyle & Fish's, but Frank Valentini/Ron Carlivati's OLTL was very sexy in general, "Days" isn't (or hasn't been in a very, very long time). But yesterday's scenes were incredibly sweet and fulfilling and Will & Sonny are as physical, if not more, than any other couple on the show. Really glad "Days" didn't go the ATWT/AMC route with them! But ya, everyone's too nice-nice in this foursome for the baby 'plot twist' to have much potential--really nice weaving on Tues. and Wed.'s episodes, but what are the stakes? More than anything, it's just profoundly tragic, not 'soapy.'

I'm the biggest GV fan EVER, but dry.png to Eric being a priest. It was a shame they reshot a flashback (that never actually happened, if I remember correctly) because part of the impact with Eric/Nicole was that it happened when they were MUCH younger over a decade ago . . . it was also much messier, with Nicole faking cancer and a very sad ending for Eric/Greta (arguably the 'rooting couple'). Then Eric did get in touch with Nicole from Colorado but she was over it and scheming on Victor's rich ass.

• Members

Finally Kristen and Jen interact and their old friendship is brought up. Kristen still cares about her. Too bad Jen doesnt give a damn about her. Kristen go make your way over to Billie next.

Jack and Kristen didnt get along? Was MA in the role during that was it the latter ones? Why didnt they like each other? Peter?

GV is too hot to be playing a priest. I hate priest storylines and the inevitable temptation angle. Im only interested if Kristen is doing the tempting. I like the fact that she is getting involved with the church so maybe I might get my wish.

Brady is super annoying

it was very glaring that Peter wasnt brought up at all. Would have made sense if Jen asked Kristen if her brother was on his way next

Archived