DAYS: November Discussion Thread

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

How? It didn't make Justin irredeemable and Victor tried to kill his own son. And it's Gabi so ... who gives a f*ck! Plus, we all know Sami is only one in this town that's allowed to have children, so this is really the best thing for everyone. And second to that, Freddie Smith will be gone by the time his contract is up anyway. NOTHING TO LOSE!

The best part of all is Sonny could frame Chad for the crime. Another useless character gone forever.

• Members

Re. Jenn/Kristen:

I haven't seen today's episode yet (I watch them online usually), but I'm surprised that this much was even addressed. Despite it taking up four-and-a-half years of story, Jack/Jenn/Peter were erased from the timeline (in '03, Jenn referenced only having sex with Jack/being raped by Lawrence) and this basically reestablishes everything without coming out directly and saying it. Not to dredge this up again, but I wonder what the tape date was for this . . . ? I mean, I can see how in '00 something was worked out to facilitate making Missy's life easier, but seventeen years later, it only damages (her) story to keep this all erased. The only times before this any of this was alluded to was Tony Andre referencing Peter to Rex and Cassie (who've seemingly been erased from the timeline) in '02 and a very cryptic "welcome home" Jennifer received from Stefano in '00. Plus, it only detracted from Jack's ties to not reference Stefano's constant meddling in his life on behalf of Peter, namely framing him for Peter's 'murder.'

I'm interested in seeing how Billie will react to Kristen's involvement in Countess W . . . wonder if they'll even write a scene like that? For all of the things of DRT & MMcP's that GT & CW literally erased, I'm surprised they kept Countess W DiMera-owned. I know Billie can be dense, but there's no way KATE would've left herself open for her company(/ies?) to be snatched up by Stefano. So bogus.

Peter and Kristen were in cahoots. And it was all Mark Valley/Steve Wilder; Matt and Eileen only overlapped for a few months before he was fired in Oct. '93 (Jason Brooks was cast as Peter that Dec.).

• Members

It was good to see them interact. They are so terrified of Kristen but these same folks tolerate EJ and Stephano. Marlena makes nice with Stephano's wife. I understand it's TV...I can understand Marlena and John, but Hope has no place and really neither does Jen. All the brainwashing and so forth was orchestrated by Stephano and Rolf. Same and Kate were way more cunning villians then Kristen ever was, Kristen was bitch and mean but she was always TRAIN WRECK on PINS AND NEEDLES kind of like Nicole. Villians like Kate, Viv and Sami always kept their cool and you never saw them break down EVEN after they were caught!

• Members

It aired on SoapNet that same night. I was lucky to catch it but not on HD...blah.

I was surprised Gabi told Will everything so soon with no build up. Now the lies begin with Sami I mean Will. Sonny better be super pissed at Will when it all comes out. He better throw him to the curb and move on. I am sure Lucas will push Will towards Gabi.

• Members
to be fair they have a history of having a friendly relationship in the past. Kate didn't marry Stefano until after Marlena left town. When she returned they were not on good terms and Marlena kept her distance bc of Stefano. He and Kate split up months ago and she is only his wife in name only. Marlena makes nice with her now bc Stefano is no longer in her life.

• Members

I wouldn't call Kate & Marlena's relationship a friendship. Marlena has never really trusted Kate for some of the stuff she did to Sami. I wouldn't call it hate either, as Marlena didn't approve of Sami's role in their feud either. But there has been a ton of scenes throughout the years with Kate & Marlena being testy to each other. I believe their friendship soured after Kate had a part in Sami going on death roll.

• Members

I understand you, but I kind of feel like Marlena and John are the ONLY ones who really should have such a HUGE issue with Kristen. Everyone else can kind of kick rocks. By no means am I saying that Marlena should be nice to Kristen. I think Jennifer handled her well today, she kind of nice-nasty with her, like WHATEVER...

• Members

Marlena and Kate had a FRIENDSHIP in the '90s and Kate considered Marlena a close friend. Once the fued with Sami started and Kate become a Bona-fide bitch, Marlena and Kate should started a rivalry, that was a gold mine that was never explored in my opinion. Or @ least Kate and someone more on her level.

• Members

In response to the above. I think Days now has the most of the "stars" and this is a great ensemble of characters. I think Eric shoulda come back more blue collar and rough (to fill Bo's void) and they can make Brady more like Justin (But then he would be too much llike Phillip)...LOL

But we have Sami, Kristen, Hope, Marlena, Nicole, Kate, Jennifer..... That's a great combination of "star" characters that I'd never thought I would see together at once. We don't need anymore returns...We need new characters if anything.

I think it's safe to accept, Autum for Lucas, a girl from Eric's past, and a Child and a man from Kristen's missing years... I WILL NOT believe a sex pot like Kristen let dust build up in her furnance for the last 15 years!

Archived