DAYS: November Discussion Thread

• Members

I love the way the baby story has been set up. Lucas' disapproval of Sonny/Will moving so fast and Will's assumption that it is just because Sonny is a guy and not because Lucas is worried Sonny isnt a good guy, Sami being woven in through a new found but believable friendship/sisterhood with Gabi and interest in Nick to go to work for her, Nick's approvals of Will's being gay but still liking Will himself, Gabi vs Chad and the likely fact that most in salem would think Chad is the father if not Nick, Chad being friends with Sonny and Will and their being friends with Gabi, Sonny being in the dark about all of this kind of like Adrienne predicted would happen. Plus Hope, Ej, Rafe have all been played in it somewhat too. It involves a lot of people, a lot of dynamics, and even though its mostly done for plot i think it is a well done plot that helps give many characters without story or direction in both. I like the abortion has already been brought up too, and id like to see it explored but not happen because I want this baby to be born and a lot of drama out of it for all parties involved.

Days doesnt need to do what GH is doing. Days needs to do what it is doing but amp it up a little. The big secrets and mysteries looming over people happiness is what always worked at days and its what needs to happen again.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was not that surprised, given it is on NBC who doesnt seem to shy away from the topic.

I just feel their relationship has been boggled down and up and down so much suring the previous regime, that these guys came in and tried to make their previous friendship and sonnys already established feelings cohesive and bring them together. While i think it happened too soon, i do think they have done a great job of writing them the past few months. They need an issue though, like the Lucas issue they had and the Adrienne issue were nice. Right now they are the happy couple for all of two weeks, and now the baby plot. I am really excited to see if they let Sonny be a part of the story or just wallpapper.

• Members

In a way, Brady being involved with someone who almost became his stepmom is quintessentially DAYS. Remember, this is the show that once had a brother and sister fall in love with each other and almost marry, a young man sleeping with his stepdad's former mistress to find out whether or not he was homosexual, and a mother and daughter falling in love with the same man, with the mother marrying him first and having his baby.

Agreed.

• Members

The story is just there....why should i care about Gabi or Will or Sonny for that matter when Will has treated him like dirt. There has to be some big time suffering from Will where we really see him wanting Sonny and Sonny moving on with someone else. I dont want the typical oh I hate you for one episode Will and now lets raise this baby because I love crap.....There has to be some sort of drama in this story and there isnt....Will isnt that upset about Gabi being pregs...he should be hitting the roof and balling his eyes out cause he is going to be a father and thats not what he wants ..etc...etc....etc....

• Members

At the very least, Lucas should discover Gabi's pregnancy (and that Will is the father) and then force Will into marrying her, citing all those times when they were separated as father and son as an example. And Will should agree with him, too, believing his obligation to be an active, full-time parent to the baby trumps his love for Sonny. And Sonny should be beside himself, angry that Will keeps yanking the rug out from under them. And Will and Gabi should agree to an open marriage, but the whole darn thing explodes when Will realizes he still is in love with Gabi, whose relationship with Nick is heating up, and Sonny won't go along with Will's wish to continue their romance despite his marriage.

Or...anything, really. Just give us a story, for Christ's sake.

Archived