DAYS: November Discussion Thread

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Maggie calling Nicole a lying, scheming bitch....wtf? Since when was she holding in such nasty hateful thoughts about her? All the times those two have interacted in recent times, they've been cool with each other and Maggie has been supportive and kind to her. Heck she defended her to Victor no too long ago when she tried to get him to allow her to move in with them

• Members

Happy one year anniversary of the time Daniel found out Maggie was his mother in the least dramatic way possible. It's so weird to think that he went to calling her "mom" in the span of less than a damn year. And while we're talking about lying, Maggie, let's not forget you never bothered to tell Daniel that his mother stole your eggs with Victor's help. I don't have as much vitriol toward Daniel as others, but I really can't stand his insta-bond with Maggie. This story would be just as fine with Mel being close to Maggie and in Mel's absence, Maggie appealing to Daniel. But no, he has to be related to Maggie! And everyone is OBSESSED with Daniel/Jen as if Nicole is trying to keep effing Bo and Hope apart. No one was going to bat for Jack when Daniel was in the mix. This is utterly ridiculous.

The other elements of the story are working for me, though. Pulling Kristen into it with EJ, EJ threatening Nicole, etc. I also have to LOL at the continued day player nurses arguing about STEALING FROM THE HOSPITAL LOST AND FOUND. Good grief!

I'm also loving Kristen/Brady's chemistry, it's been a while since Brady was smoking with anyone (Nicole being the last). But I like this potential pairing so much better than Brady/Madison and their dull segway riding.

This is an interesting angle with Nick to take, whereas he's not explicitly hating Sonny and Will. And the fact that Will's his cousin and he genuinely wants him to be happy. I really like what they're doing with Lucas and Nick, actually, because neither of them has been villainized as most "anti-gay" people in gay storylines tend to be. It's always "I hate gays!" or "I hate that my son is gay!" and this is a really, really fresh way to be telling this story. What's actually weird to me about this is that this storyline feels current, whereas a lot of other stuff on the show isn't. It's a shame that gay storylines are the only ones that feel fresh on soaps now (and really, only this current direction on Days, because other gay stories are pretty cliche at this point). Where's someone obsessed with social/current events like writers back in the 70s? I'd kill for anything more modern.

• Members

Yeah, when they did the NPR report on DAYS earlier this year, it pretty much cemented my belief that they were never going to push the envelope with social issues ever again so long as Corday were in charge, simply because he was so petrified of losing whatever audience he had left.

• Members

I guess I just find it so counterintuitive. If you do the same thing over and over for years and it eventually stops working and you lose business, you'd think the first thing to do would be to refocus and be bold and maybe do something daring (oddly enough, like DAYS did at its inception, and in the 80s, and 90s), not going "oh well, this didn't work for anyone else, let's just do exactly that and blame someone else for our problems. That's just bad business.

And yes, I know it's been talked to death and nothing's going to change, but damned if it isn't so frustrating to watch a show that was DESIGNED from the word 'go' to be a bit of a trailblazer be reduced to this.

Archived