DAYS: November Discussion Thread

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ari managed to take Nicole from villainess to victim in a matter of moments. She killed it today and my heart broke for Nicole, it was actually uncomfortable to watch.

Today was the first day I've watched in a while where it actually seemed like things were happening.

• Members

This Nicole storyline would have only made sense if she hadn't let Jennifer off the hook. She already told the police Jennifer didn't push her down the stairs and kill her baby. If we were to care about Nicole being exposed, there still needed to be some rationale or payoff. If it had happened with her still accusing Jennifer of killing the baby, it would have made sense and there would have been some drive to the storyline. But in reality the discovery that the baby was already dead was moot because Jennifer was already free. Regardless, Nicole's baby still died so this postpartum psychosis will be explained as just that.

• Members

Eileen Davidson & Arianne Zucker were both amazing today.

I loved that scene at the cabin with John & Kristen. Kristen by the fire and telling John that being in the cabin was the last time she was happy. Before she started to hate, before she stopped being herself. Great acting.

• Members

Days isn't filled with great acting. I just wish this regime was telling some compelling stories. AZ did a fine job but I just didn't care enough about this story or triangle to give a damn. Same with the Kristian, Marlena and John stuff. The only thing to me this regime did a good job with was Nicks return. But even Nick now is zzzzz.

• Members

WTF, Nicole faces charges. For what? She recanted her statement about Jennifer and that case never even went far enough for a hearing. Clearly after trying to kill herself in front of a bunch of people, its obvious she mntally isnt there. She needs psychriatic help to deal with her trauma, not prison

• Members

I agree. She already told police Jennifer didn't push her, so I don't understand why all of a sudden she is facing all these charges. For this storyline to have made sense Nicole would have needed to still be accusing Jennifer of killing her baby. The fact that she already recanted her statement and let Jennifer off the hook makes this discovery that her baby already died rather pointless. If Nicole had been on trial and still facing murder charges I could see the discovery that Nicole's baby had already died as an essential plot point, but now it doesn't really matter. Nicole's baby died either way.

• Members

I would think Nicole is being charged with filing a false police report. Nicole purposely filed a false police report with the intention of sending Jennifer to prison. She recanted the story because she got what she wanted from Daniel. This is still a crime. It isn't like she recanted because her memory was faulty or she truly believed Jennifer had pushed her down the stairs. She set in motion an investigation under false pretenses knowing Jennifer was innocent. I believe it is all about intent, but I'm not a legal expert.

With all that said, there would be more weight to this story if Jennifer was on trial for murder.

• Members

The thing is Nicole never filed a police report. They arrested Jen based on witness accounts (Billie, Brady). Roman spoke to her on 10/12, right after all the drama went down and all she said was that Jen pushed her down the stairs. Nicole only said Jen killed her kid to Daniel, Abby, Jennifer, Rafe, EJ and Brady. She never pressed charges and never made a formal statement to the police acccusing Jennifer of anything. Roman went to her for the actual official statement on the accident on Oct 25th and she told him it was an accident with Jen having no fault in it

From the Oct 25th episode

Daniel: Roman's here.

Nicole: Oh, no, no, I-I'm not ready.

Roman: Nicole, listen, I am very sorry, but unfortunately, it can't wait any longer. We need a formal statement about what happened last night. Begin.

Roman: Okay, go ahead.

Nicole: Jennifer was psycho about me and Daniel from the beginning.

Roman: Okay, all right, wait a minute. Let's just stick to the day of the incident, okay?

Nicole: Yeah, sure. Um, I was moving out of the Horton house, and I was pretty much already packed, and... and Jennifer--she just showed up.

Nicole: We argued. [scoffs] I finally had enough, and I-I tried to get around her, and she tried to stop me again, and thank god Brady showed up.

Roman: Okay. Is that when you left the house?

Nicole: Yes, I-I went to Daniel's apartment, and I should've stayed there. I--but I got restless, and I went for a walk in the Square, and I... I looked at baby clothes, and there she was.

Roman: Okay. "She" being...?

Nicole: Jennifer. It was like she was stalking me. She just started yelling at me again, so I headed for the stairs.

Roman: [Clicks tongue] What happened next?

Roman: Nicole... when you were interviewed at the scene, you said Jennifer pushed you down the stairs. Is that your official statement? Did Jennifer push you or not?

Nicole: I don't know if Jennifer pushed me down the stairs.

Roman: Okay, wait a minute here now. Let me get this straight. You are revising your testimony from that night?

Nicole: I was in pain. I-I was out of my mind. I don't even remember what I said.

Roman: You accused Jennifer Horton of murder.

Nicole: Well, that's what I thought that night.

Roman: But now you don't?

Nicole: I've had some rest... and I've been thinking about it, and I can't stop thinking about it, and I've been replaying it in my head, and I-- [sighs] I'm--I'm-- I'm sure. Jennifer didn't try to kill me or my baby. It was an accident.

Roman: Okay, Nicole... you need to sign this form. You need to swear this is your statement, free of coercion-- your final word. This will be the official record.

Nicole: I understand. I really do. And I-I'm sorry. I was so confused before, but... but this is it.

Roman: Okay. I want to make this clear, all right? There's no turning back here. All right, so I'm gonna leave for a few minutes. I want you to think about it and make sure this is what you want to do. And if that's the case, then I'll bring in a witness. Okay?

Nicole: Okay.

Archived