DAYS: November Discussion Thread

• Members

Most might find that boring, but not I! I love the idea of a new priest coming to town and taking Nicole under his wing, so to speak. He might look at Nicole as a "lost soul," but not one who is lost forever. He wants Nicole to discover for herself her real self-worth, but things are complicated by the growing passion between them. And as much as Nicole wants to give into that passion, he won't. And as much as Nicole resents him for "pushing her away" and promises never to have anything more to do with him, there comes that moment when Nicole understands just how much he has dragged her, kicking and screaming, toward true redemption.

...But does it have to be with Eric?

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I understand your logic and understand it's just a show. But in the grand scheme of things, Kristen only committed a crime against Marlena and John really. Right now that's the only crime under her belt. Kate and Sami have committed FAR more crimes than Kristen (They've remained onscreen) that we have seen. Even Hope has gone "over the edge" more than once and committed crimes against SEVERAL upstanding members of the community.

• Members

The crime? Arguably. But i hurt and played out in many other peoples lives. Kristen has been gone all this time too, unlike Sami or Kate who have remained. And Kate is not reguarded as someone nice and fun to be around, Sami really isnt either. Most of her allies are her family who never let forget what she used to do. Jennifer more than anyone than Marlena has reason to pause about Kristens return, especially.

• Members

I don't care that Eric's a priest. I thought that was an inspired idea for Joey Buchanan on OLTL, and it fit his character and history with Andrew Carpenter and St. James Church. On DOOL it just seems arbitrary. And Greg Vaughan, while a very sweet, handsome guy, is still not much of an actor. I'm not sure anyone still has any idea who Eric Brady is - and the 'flashback' to like 1998 with pushing-40 Greg Vaughan as 'young Eric' was laughable. I don't understand why DOOL always does that kind of [!@#$%^&*].

The show is just low rent. And the Nick thing is insane - Nick was a sweet, brilliant scientist. Even if he found God in prison, that wouldn't turn him into a homophobe. He had too fine a mind. He doesn't seem to bear any resemblance to the original character, which I thought was one of Hogan Sheffer's few inspired (and squandered) ideas.

I've given up on being frustrated by Days of our Lives. It always has so much potential and so much wasted. Every time they come close to getting it right - as I felt they were doing with the last regime, regardless of others' opinions - they walk away. They coast on pap and cheap, bland [!@#$%^&*]. The problem is it could still be so great.

• Members

I think it mostly boils down to Will being unlikeable (to me anyway) and not being able to carry his own stories. This is also about making Gabi more likeable, since I think Tomlin/Whitesell must have liked her, and know she became very dark. Nick is being used to help them, as he was previously ruined to help the Melanie story.

• Members

Yeah, but we know what will happen down the road: Nicole will fall in love again with Eric, but Eric cannot reciprocate because "he loves God more." So Nicole, feeling worthless, will end up drunk and in bed (again) with E.J., thereby spawning Miracle Baby No. 3.

• Members

i think it boils down to something far more simple: lazy writing.

What can they do with a gay couple without bringing in another gay character? Soaps are lazy and cliched and rely on old plot divices, and thats exactly what this. It creates an obstacle and give everyone involved a story when none of the 4 had a story without it, really.

I dint mind it, in fact i like it. I like the direction its going and how it involves so many people. I am interested in all 4 characters, too.

• Members

I actually like this aspect because its true. people pick and choose parts of the bible to follow and others to ignore. Nick is a hypocrite and it was highlighted by his telling gabi the bible says being gay is wrong and then having pre-marital sex with her.

and its contrasted by Eric, who i would predict will tell Will that its ok, and he doesnt care that hes gay, and neither will God.

Archived