GH: November 2012 Discussion Thread

• Members

Just to be clear, what's wrong with that post? Is it the whole "I'm officially declaring that I'm quitting" thing? Granted,I hate the whole storming-off-in-a-flounce thing as much as the next person but that's the unfortunate norm for the internet. Or is it the fact that someone who has been watching for 50 years thinks their viewership matters anymore?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What a [!@#$%^&*] mess that was! I need 2 extra hands to count how many people were featured and should NOT have been! What a ridiculous eppy. And why in the sam hell is the Q living room shrinking?!

Are we sure Edward was sent off today? It seemed more like "Let's showcase the worthless characters".

The only highlight was seeing my favorite Q, Ned! And boy does he look good!

Lawd have mercy! I'm going to go bathe now jeal0002.gifjeal0002.gifjeal0002.gif

• Members

Granted I'm an outsider but it looks like Jason/SB had a sizeable fan base. He was on the show for decades, right? He was part of a "core" family and had a number of popular pairings, right? Given the number of fan events the guy is doing and the apparent response to them, he's got people willing to spend money to see him. (I'm still trying to figure out how I ended up on a Steve Burton super secret fan mailing list.)

I'm asking because Scotty Baldwin went to all the effort of dragging that particular post here from Facebook so I assume there's something especially wrong with it. After all, it's literate and spelled correctly (which is certainly not the norm for Facebook) and the poster gives their reason for leaving in very reasonable terms so why does this particular post deserve cross-board ridicule? They certainly aren't the first person to say they're quitting the show because of Burton's exit. I just can't see why that post is so deserving of hate. Why is that so much more egregious than half the crap said on Twitter?

Look, I'm all for being a cynical, mocking bitch but this has the feel of kicking a dog because you don't like the color of its fur.

• Members
Just because someone doesnt like GH without Steve, makes them an idiot? Ive dropped shows when my faves left and/or been reduced to nothing. If this person has been disatisfied and SB was the last thing keeping them around, then I dont see whats wrong. He/she came across very sensible and not like some of the crazies that get overly fanatical

Archived