GH: November 2012 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Frankly, I have zero problem with Ron ignoring showkiller Guza's attempt to make Felicia out to be a deadbeat mother, as that fuckery never should've been written, let alone, aired in the first place.

While I'm no fan of Minnie Mouse Maxie, but I've always liked Felicia and if her last year(s) of GH consist of disregarding the hatchet job that showkiller Guza had done to her in regards to her parenting her daughters (great parenting that I and millions of viewers remember watching throughout the years), I am all for it.

Though Ron's strength is in righting the wrongs that were done over the past 13 or so years, I do believe that he should take that full leap in completely throwing out everything that was written during that awful period and completely starting over. It most likely won't save GH, but at least the last year(s) will be watchable.

• Members

Great post, Virginia. I'm also of the mindset that anything that Guza wrote, and Ron ignores, is fine by me. Guza basically took a machete to any and all 80s characters. It looks like Ron is "righting" a lot of Guza's "wrongs". I'm all for it! Thank you Ron for making these 80s characters recognizable again.

• Members
I was under the impression that what Felicia did was Implied but never shown. I thought they left, returned, then retconed the whole thing to make drama. Wow, since they actually showed it they should skip the trial for Guza murdering GH and go ahead and sentence him!

• Members
like it or not its canon and part of GH history. I don't get when fans get up in arms about writers not respecting their show's history yet choose to ignore it when they don't like it. I think it works have made for more compelling tv had RC acknowledged the stiff Guza wrote with Felicia and Maxie and given her a redemption story rather than ignoring it and having them fixed 5 minutes after she returned to town. IMO the latter was weak bc there was some meaty material that could have been explored but he took the easy way out

• Members

Not to me and other viewers who remember GH pre-Guza.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I've been upfront about not considering showkiller Guza's shitty writing as gospel since day one. Therefore, if another writer wants to come along and undo the damage that he did while going back to the GH that has honored the canvas/characters' history/histories, I have no qualms whatsoever about embracing it. My only complaint about this long overdue correction is that it took this long for it to happen.

I strongly disagree for the reason that you quoted earlier, as well as because I can easily justify a writer's decision to ignore the festering bile that was showkiller Guza's GH.

• Members

Thank you, OldGHFan. As much as I rant about how the GH that I loved was ruined by Guza/JFP/Frons' horrible reign, I can only imagine how old(er)-school fans felt about seeing the legendary characters and history that they grew up/fell in love be annihilated with utter glee.

Ron most likely wont reach the heights of my preferred HW (Labine) or the HW's that preceded her, but the fact that he actually acknowledges the GH history and characters that they worked hard to build puts him in a class above whatever consisted of the last 10+ years*.

*excluding Garin Wolf's tenure, as I've never seen it

• Members

They certainly should - especially since one of Felicia's best qualities was the unconditional love that she had for Maxie and Georgie.

If there must be a deadbeat parent story on this show, I'd much rather it broach the topic of Liz's mother and father, who basically shipped her off to Audrey's and never looked back. In the 15 years that Liz has been on-canvas, they've never sent her so much as a Post-It and I'd rather that this show tie in her relationship issues with her parents basically abandoning her without reaching out during her times of need.

Lord knows that'd be a far better story than the roided goiter purgatory that ultimately sunk her character.

Archived