GH: November 2012 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I know it was shown that Heather just looked at the will (was it a later will Edward madeor something? Obviously Diane didn't have it), and didn't tamper with it, but is this gonna be some dumb thing where Heather due to jealousy about Luke and Tracy (even though he was with Anna when she was last after him) somehow tampered it so Tracy is out? Otherwise it doesn't really make any sense for Edward to cut her entirely out, considering their relationship the last few years.

So are we gonna get a tie in novel published based on Molly's? I wonder if i can be as good as Charm from Kendall Hart (yes, I read it :P ).

• Members
None that I can think of. Had this been the 80s or 90s, then it would have been more appropriate but they had long since made up and gotten over their issues. She loved him dearly in the final years since she returned and he loved her, being one of his only family left and the one that stood by him the most as they all dropped like flies or left him. I wonder if someone did tamper with the will

In and out of town for events? She's had what like 1 appearance, nearly 20 years ago. I can understand why most people arent aware of who she is

• Members

Apparently everyone knew that Franco raped Sam and was possibly the father. It was one of the biggest secrets that EVERYONE knew about. Reminds me of 2011 when Jake was killed. It was the best kept secret for 4 years but everyone knew Jason was the father when the kid died. People would casually mention it during the Joss thing, and not one person was shocked that Jason was the daddy. Huh? I really hate those kind of "secrets".

• Members

VH, that's not really fair. I have to be honest when I say if LW was not on GH, I'd go bye bye simply because GH still is not a well written show with characters I care that much about (it does not matter how many characters from the past show up, Cartini are 2 inept fools - Edward's "send off" is a prime example of just how much these two are lacking). I lost Ingo, and if I lost LW, that'd be it for me. I sincerely hope you wouldn't judge me as harshly as you are judging that poor soul who gave it his/her all and just couldn't do it anymore.

Good morning, BTW wub.png

• Members

It's easy to forget that Burton was hugely popular at his peak and for a long time probably the most popular leading man on the show. I never got the hype (the only time I liked him was a little with SJB's Carly), but I'm not surprised if some were watching just for him. Some have kept watching for years solely because of Tony Geary, even after he, and Guza, and many others, essentially spit in their faces.

• Members

Top of the morning to you, CH...:D

Putting my hatred of the roided goiter aside for a millisecond, I simply find it hard to believe that a viewer who has been (supposedly) watching since 1963 would decide after nearly five decades to stop watching this show - not because of the legendary and revered characters who built this soap to prominence - but because of a thug character that literally symbolizes the destruction of said legacy that was set in motion back when said viewer (supposedly) started watching. (As much as I clown the folks who've started watching after the turn of the millennium, I'd certainly believe their feeling [inexplicably] distraught and leaving along with the roited goiter a lot more than I'd believe someone who has been [supposedly] watching since 1963.)

I've pretty much mentioned before that I, myself, haven't watched since VM left this clusterfuck of a show last year and have only been watching YT clips that involve certain characters/the Q storyline, so you're preaching to the choir about this show being a former shadow of itself (even though you know where I stand on who actually killed this show, when this show was in top form, as well as how I feel about Cartini's tenure thus far).

• Members

Not to say that I disagree with your assessment about TG spitting in viewers' faces, but I, at least, can understand why many have watched for years for him. As much as he attempts to run away from this via his piss poor 're-imagining' of Luke Spencer, he is one of the few living symbols of GH's glory days that are left and I can see why some would want to hold on to that.

That and the fact that I am a stickler for respecting elders (in any medium) - another reason why I still harbor a grudge against this show and the previous showkilling regime (as well as some actors).

• Members
people have been dissatisfied for some time. I doubt it's only SB leaving that prompted the departure, but he may have been the only thing that the person enjoyed. I felt the same way back around 2008. The show stunk and the ONLY reason I continued watching was for Skye but she was majorly backburnered and soon left anyway. With that I was done and dropped GH completely. I can definetly understand how this person feels and don't think it's fair to criticize him or her

• Members

No viewer owes support to a show. I detest the "If you were a real fan..." purity testing. Part of the reason we're down to four soaps is because the people who make them relied too much on viewer inertia in a heavily competitive atmosphere but that poster shows that everybody has a limit. It doesn't matter if one agrees with what that limit is. That person's limit was Burton's exit. Yours was Skye. My offliner friend tuned out after Robin's funeral. A lot of people just slowly stop watching but a lot of viewers hang on through a million cuts and finally give up after one last straw.

The irony is that viewer is in a demo where nobody cares if s/he's watching anyway.

• Members

Yes.

That meat hulk was a plague on the show for decades. I feel absolutely no remorse about judging any fan for still pining for the imperceptible-to-the-naked-eye micro-storms that would flicker across the planes of his bloated, frozen face.

Archived