GH: November 2012 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Im absolutely disgusted by the image of Connie tied and gagged under Sonny's orders. LMAO at Connie saying she'd screw the garbage man over him

I liked Starr blackmailing Todd. Probably the first time Ive liked her since she came to town.

2d8gx1e.gif

I HATE Snarzilla! She was beyond cruel to Skye, who just lost her grandfather. Haha, Skye called her the slut of PC.

I hated that surrogate potential that talked to Lulu and Dante. What a self entitled bitch

If they really make Tomas, Lorenzo, then that is complete BS. BTW, everyone is assuming that he's Lorenzo, but he could very well be Luis

• Members

The same point as Cutter and Kim being Alex's kids, or Rebecca returning as a psycho, or Bo being David's father, or Aubrey (*spit*) being Katrina Karr's daughter. It's bad fanfic.

Unfortunately, when Ron says Anna and Luke are longtime friends, or that Anna has never lost a child before Robin, that's ignoring far more than Guza's writing.

Since Connie has repeatedly been presented as a joke, and someone who enjoys being assaulted, I'm not sure why viewers are supposed to feel sorry for her.

• Members

I'm pretty damned sure Kate, whom we are to believe is the host, would love Sonny for what he is doing. This clown walking around in her body trying to screw anyone who will allow her to is even more disturbing (let us not forget that Connie landed Kate in bed with Johnny, something she didn't and wouldn't agree to under normal circumstances). It's supposed to be funny, but it's not. I loathe that nonentity! I love what Sonny is doing, and Kate would really appreciate that he loves her enough to go thru great lengths to bring her back. Why would I feel bad for someone who really does not exist? This is about Kate and not Connie, although I wish both would disappear (especially since I can't have Megan in the role).

Carly being cruel to a mourning Skye? Exactly when was she mourning?

• Members
LOL...Who said she was mourning? It is cruel though to say such hurtful things about a person's relationship with the grandfather they loved right after that grandfather died. She hates her; they both get it, but Carly should have had enough tact to not use Edward as her basis for insults. It was low and tacky of her given what just happened

• Members

Other than reminding us that rape is sexy and fun, I still have no idea what Connie is doing on the show. If this is all some trick to make me feel sorry for Sonny, that doesn't really work either, but I will take Sonny over a character and an actress who make a joke out of sexual assault, over and over.

This is one of the dumbest and most pointless stories I've ever seen. No one on the show cares about Connie. She could be torn apart by wolves in front of the town, and literally no one would care. Sonny might toss a plastic fork. That's about it. You bring on a child for her, and no one gives a [!@#$%^&*] about that either. The whole thing feels like someone on the staff lost a bet and had to write this as punishment.

• Members
Sonny's an afterthought. I doubt anything that has been done the past few months has been about making him look good. RC wants his over the top quacky character like Tess so he used the same exact plot twist to get Connie and keep her around. I think its as simple as that.

• Members

I get the idea that he was trying to teach some type of lesson with the Tarty story. Viewers were repulsed, so he's been trying to teach the lesson ever since, with increasingly pointless characters. When this is finally over, we'll probably get a story about how Britt was raped and loved every minute of it.

• Members

On paper, the entire exchange was ridiculous, but LW and RC salvaged it. They made the scenes so much fun to watch.

To say that Carly should have been kind or whatever implies that Skye is in some sort of impaired state due to the death of her perceived grandfather. That is not the case. She's chilling with her iPad looking for her next score.

So I have to go back to my statement earlier - under FRon, GH is a convoluted plot pointed disaster! Skye and her iPad not being broken only to conveniently get to the page of Blair and Tomas was ridiculous? Oh, and since when is that chit news worthy?

Good god!

• Members

That's why I think it's bullshit, lol!

But seriously: IIRC, Luis, Lorenzo's lookalike-but-not-twin brother, arrived first. He took care of Brenda during that period when Vanessa Marcil hoped to build a career outside of GH she was "dead." However, because Guza described him to TV Guide as the "baddest of the bad," he was slated for a quick demise -- namely, off the roof of his hotel suite.

Unfortunately, for reasons I have yet to comprehend, Ted King became beloved by all -- er, that is to say, he became beloved by those with the authority to bring him back to GH. (Authority, I might add, that they abused more than any laws should allow.) So, enter Lorenzo, who had been a professor at Oxford, until some chick he loved tons bought it, and he blamed himself for her murder, so he joined the family business and became an arms dealer (because, of course, that's what losing good p***y makes you do). And for the next 3-4 years, we, as GH viewers, had to stand by and watch yet one more wooden actor play a Big Bad Who Hates That Damn Sonny Corinthos For No Reason Except He's Sonny Corinthos (So We Should Automatically Think He Is Evil) until Guza wrote him into a corner (meaning, he was starting to make Sonny and his minions look, you know, bad) and had no choice but to kill him off, too.

Now, GH, under the pen of the new fanboi who's writing the show, has the nerve to suggest 1) Lorenzo Alcazar isn't really dead, and 2) in fact, he isn't even Lorenzo Alcazar?

On its own, Tomas Delgado's backstory was pretty effing convoluted: the product of a blue-collar Hispanic family (and Tea's brother), who disappeared eons ago, became a CIA operative, then went rogue after finding the man (Todd Manning) he was supposed to kill for being a terrorist and becoming mixed up, somehow, in the in(s)ane plot to switch that man with Slow Donnie his mentally challenged twin brother. Factor in the sudden discovery of an estranged wife and kid (Baz), and I really could not blame Tomas for swiping Todd's picture of Blair once upon a time and heading off into the hills to paint portraits of her for the rest of his days. (Although, to be perfect and frank, I think he could have found a better subject for his artwork than Blair.)

But now -- on top of all the b.s. that took me forever just to sort out for the purpose of this particular post -- I have to include this "new" b.s. involving Lorenzo Alcazar as well? REALLY?

There are so many questions I have about this twist. So many, in fact, that my brain, imploding already from the sheer weight of this nonsense, cannot process them.

What happened to the days when no one made a BFD about an actor playing two different roles on two different soaps, when soaps were allowed more-or-less to exist in their own, respective, little universes?

Do I assume, then, it was Tracy Quartermaine, and not Cynthia Preston, who married Palmer all those years on ALL MY CHILDREN? Does Skye recognize the physical similarities between the two? If not, why? If so, has she blackmailed "Tracynthia"?

For that matter, are John McBain and Caleb Morley actually one and the same? Or Sam McCall and Livvie Locke? Or Bobbie Spencer and Lana McClain? Or Sonny Corinthos and Nico Kelly? Or Duke Lavery and Dr. Greg Madden? And does this apply strictly to the ABCD universe, because, if not, then might I just say for the record how I loathe what has become of Julia Capwell since she left Mason and Santa Barbara (or returned to her former life as Mikkos Cassadine's bastard daughter, take your pick).

Personally, I'd rather we learn that either Luis or Lorenzo (again, take your pick) had a twin brother, and that they were separated at birth, either by accident or because Papa Alcazar simply didn't want one of 'em. One child stayed with the family, while the other (Tomas) ended up with the Delgados. But I guess that's too logical for Ron, so I'll take this scenario instead:

* Tomas actually never left the CIA, even after it appeared he had become a rogue agent.

* Instead, Tomas went "undercover" as Lorenzo Alcazar after Luis' murder. And he's the one who lived in P.C. from 2003-07 while the real Lorenzo Alcazar -- because there has to be a real Lorenzo, or else how do you explain Sage's existence, or the fact that a man was allowed to do business on the Alcazar name w/o any of their relatives or allies raising a stink about it? -- agreed to enter the Federal Witness Relocation Program in exchange for total cooperation.

* And when he "died" in 2007, "Lorenzomas" indeed headed for Europe, and yet another, new life as a lowly, Blair-obssessed portrait painter.

It might not explain every thing -- and frankly, I don't know how Tea never recognized high-profile Lorenzo Alcazar or his dead brother as resembling her own until today -- but at the very least, it keeps characters and backstories intact without having to presume crap like "Lorenzomas" marrying, fathering Baz, meeting the Sanchez broad and fathering Sage within the same three-week period.

Archived