K-Pop Appeciation Thread

• Members

Oh man I love that 12:30 video. Quite frankly It's a stunning masterpiece. Definitely their BEST video. I don't know about song, but definitely the best MV (And vocals). I love love love Dujun being the lead of the video. He has grown to be the most talented, versatile & attractive of the group IMO. I used to barely notice him. Oh and Junhyungs part SLAYED. Why so short THO?

But. I think they could've done without the dance numbers. LOL.

As much as I'm loving mature B2st...I can't help but sniffle & miss the more youthful tunes & colorful videos they used to do like BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL NIGHT, BAD GIRL....just about 2 years ago those were my life jams. Lol. These darker videos & songs definitely still take some getting used to for my inner little self for some reason haha.

Is their latest album on iTunes or anywhere easy? What's a quick way to find...would love to play catch up. I know it'll be worth it. I'm so glad to see how solid they still are together unlike Bigbang (tragic, I hope they get it together).

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

What are the stylists doing to my poor, innocent maknae Dongwoon? That helmet is extremely unfortunate. And they didn't even bother to give him socks it looks like. A mess from the head, DOWN! ;'-(

Why is Dujun shaving at the beginning of that vid....LOL. When has he or any of them had facial hair? I would LOVE to see that. Dujun with a full beard or stubble? Omg.

PS I love the sound of that song as well and I love the looseness of it...just what I've been yearning more from them!

Edited by AllMyDaysatGH

• Members
Im loving the darker, more mature stuff but that may just be a sign of me growing older. As I said earlier, I like that their music has evolved. They are mid 20s now, so I dont think the cutesy songs would really fit them too well now. Although you may want to check out their upcoming Japanese album bc those teaser seem to suggest it will be a return to those pop sounds

IA on Dujun. He never really stood out before but Im loving him now. Definitely my second fave after Junhyung.

The dance number has grown on me, mainly bc its so perfect. I look forward to seeing that live bc they are in perfect unison in the video.

Check out this site for the album and their comeback performances: http://hulkpop.com/

You are so shady! LOL...the BIGBANG YT page has been all about him this past week as he's about to release the CD/DVD of his last tour and a documentary. He also put out a new MV for "Shut Up" which isnt cartoon-like

I like it!

I like the hair in the dancing bit but other than that, they havent been too kind to him or Kikwang.

Its rare to see any KPop stars with any type of facial hair. I was shocked when I saw GD with it once

Glad you like the song, as I knew it would be right up your alley

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

Beast's new MV was leaked today!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Zg_GKHu7eVw

Dujun looks so good in this one. He's blossomed so much since the early days. Also love Junhyung's part in the second verse. Hate that it cuts out as Dongwoon is about to sing. Hopefully there is a longer version with the whole thing

They also just had their Comeback and WOW. The choreography here was on point. Its mesmerizing to watch. Kikwang and Dongwoon also fixed their hair as they both look much better than in the video

BTOB

tumblr_ndxtz4bLHN1rcoq72o1_500.gif

tumblr_ndxoiunTUk1t1ijxmo3_r1_500.gif

They're about to have their Japanese debut and first up is a Jap version of Wow, which they reshot

BIGBANG

tumblr_ndyd96fGdX1qkisl3o1_500.gif

Bow down to the king

10245279_855113921175867_646822411531699

BIGBANG is continuing to perform as a quartet sad.png It was just announced that Sengri will not be appearing at the next YG Family concert in Taiwan. I hope he is able to rejoin them soon

AMD, in case you ever wanted to know how to do the Gwison dance, here's a tutorial from your guy Daesung himself

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

So I watched 12.30 again, and the live performance from that music show. As I mentioned earlier, I suspected they threw in the dance section so that they could link it to their live performances. That was evident on the music show. I also have to give it up to Beast for doing complicated choreography WITH a microphone in their hand AND singing live. Because not even my baes EXO can do the latter.

I still have to disagree about Overdose though. When I first heard Overdose and watched the MV, I felt like I'd had an electric shock. I literally got goosebumps. Like, it was FIRE. I love 12.30 and the sweeping violins and emotion though.

BtoB were recently on a TV show in Korea where the MC asked them how many hours sleep a night they got. They said 2-3 hours sometimes. The MC snarked "Gosh, imagine how little sleep EXO and Beast must get then," implying that BtoB are the 'unsuccessful' group. I felt so bad for BtoB. They have really good singers -- as good as Beast, in fact. But they are not getting the material. As you said, Cheap, every comeback, fans expect more. They want to see an evolution of the sound. It's not BtoB's fault, as Cube control everything, assign them the music choices, the songs and the choreography and concept. BtoB are paid to sell that. I hope Cube takes time to regroup and think out a new concept for the group. Clearly, if Beast are releasing mini-albums of decent material every 3 months, BtoB should be getting some love, too.

Oh, Minzy. Twerking in those platforms too! Not really a fan of twerking per se and think it's kind of boring to see it everywhere, but at least Minzy has the technique down -- and then some.

In other news, 2NE1 is on hiatus while CL promotes in the US. :( Apparently YG still feel it is too early for Bom to be seen in public after PrescriptionGate. rolleyes.gif Gosh, 2014 has been a really tough year for the K Pop groups I follow.

I can't with that D-Lite mess in those gifs, so imma gonna ignore it. laugh.png

I love that they sing different styles. This Japanese track Kimi Wa Dou? is so poppy and fresh. K Pop is so US RnB/Pop 90s, I love it!

Awwww cutting off at my gentle giant Dongwoonie's part! I'll be on the lookout for the full version.

YASSSS BtoB! Coming back fighting! And following Beast to Japan! The Japanese market will likely be receptive to both. I hope BtoB show the haters and naysayers that they've got what it takes!

OMG :lol: Please tell me I Love Syrup (or ShiRoop as they say in Korea) is an actual song and not a commercial for some syrup! Also: why do I think drugs everytime YG release a song with "I love.... anything" in the title? :lol: TOP is the man though. I think he is so fly.

At least Big Bang are touring and performing their back catalogue, so they are a group and they are together. They must love doing live shows. Still, anticipating a 2015 comeback! Can you imagine the media blitz for Big Bang's return? It would be HUGE.

• Members

I dont think I posted that before but thats the teaser to Drive. I doubt it will, but I really would love for that song to get a full MV

fare enough. We all have our bias. Mine is Beast and yours is EXO wink.png

Awwww, thats messed up. I feel for them. Hopefully, their Japan debut is met with success

I keep hearing the 2NE1 disbandment rumors. Apparently they will not be appearing in any of the award shows and end of the year promotions, which is odd considering they had such a big year. YG nor the girls have said anything to debunk these rumors, so Im inclined to think they might be true

I think the original article I read may have been mistaken and Beast may not be releasing a mini album in Japan, but rather a single. Apparently the other track is called One Day. I guess we'll have to wait a couple of weeks to see how it all pans out

Agreed!

It needs to be released as a full song, but no, I think it was to promote that company, Syrup.

the fanbase has been eagerly anticipating it. They have to go big with a full album Edited by Cheap21

• Members

Super Junior

Just as Beast drops their new album, SJ decides to repackage their last one for a comeback. How rude! LOL. They released two MV to go with it

They pretty much filmed two videos for the admission of one...lol. Both good songs but I prefer Evanesce. It was probably the best track off the original album a few months ago

CL

CL going solo with Diplo. Love that new song. Hope it gets a studio release

2PM

Trailer for their upcoming DVD/BR of their Genesis of 2PM tour. I saw the TV version a few months back.....great show!

• Members

GOD I hate October. It is my worst month in terms of work (December, too, eek).

WOW. I LOVE that teaser to Drive. I love the song, and I love how Junhyung's voice sounds with those vocals. I hope they do release an MV for this because it showcases Beast a little differently from its usual pop/ballad sound.

So you've been keeping up with Super Juniors, then? :) IA, Evanesce is the song I prefer, though This is Love is fun and catchy. I liked the dance with the girl and the swirling camera movement around them. They definitely filmed both MV's the same day, in the same studio, with the same suits. LOL @ SM being so tight with its MV budget.

I love how this group has some singers who are a bit porky and not Picture Perfect but put all together, they look like a cohesive, fun group of individuals. Siwon, like Baekhyun in EXO, is King of the Eyeliner. I think Ryowook is my favourite, though I like Donghae, Siwon, Heechul and Eunhyuk, pretty much all of them.

I saw a documentary about SJ a few weeks ago on YT, it was about a tour they did in Paris for their European fans. Some of their moms came as well. It was totally adorable, and their French fans were so sweet and enthusiastic. It got rather deep, too, as the boys were interviewed about all kinds of things. Leeteuk (who has always been more reserved than the others) broke down and talked about how his parents drank and his father used to beat him. He implied that the only real tenderness he got was when he joined the Super Junior dorms and lived with the rest of the group. Meanwhile, Ryowook indicated that he had to "look after himself" since a young age, and so he read up on healthy eating and stuff, and when they tour, he will pack all the healthy Korean food and vitamins and protein bars (which I guess everybody else tries to bum off him). Finally, there was Donghae who went to visit his dad's grave. His dad was a taxi driver in a small town in Korea who always spent a lot of time with his son and encouraged him. Donghae talked about how his father died of an illness literally a few weeks before SJ's TV debut, so he never got to see his son on TV like he'd always wanted. It was extremely moving, especially the way Donghae kneeled on the ground and piad respect to his dad's grave.

I love CL's Tom Ford sequined athletic dress, and the songs are catchy, especially her voice on MTBD! But omg that must be the most lacklustre, stupor-induced crowd in Asia. She and her dancers were giving it EVERYTHING, and they could barely wave those lightsticks. Their cheer at the end was pathetic! Get it tuh-geh-thuh. K fans!

2PM does look like a great show. I hope they continue reaping all that yen after a disappointing comeback. And maybe their next comeback song in Korea will grab people's fancy. :)

• Members

In case you still don't know who is who in EXO, maybe this can help:

tumblr_n3nzmbGIw11rqy97no1_500.png

If EXO had Tumblr...

tumblr_ne42fqBiDm1r0uzrno1_r1_250.giftumblr_ne42fqBiDm1r0uzrno2_r1_250.gif

tumblr_ne42fqBiDm1r0uzrno6_r1_250.giftumblr_ne42fqBiDm1r0uzrno3_r2_250.gif

tumblr_ne42fqBiDm1r0uzrno4_r2_500.gif

tumblr_ne42fqBiDm1r0uzrno7_r3_500.gif

tumblr_ne42fqBiDm1r0uzrno5_r4_500.gif

tumblr_ne42fqBiDm1r0uzrno8_r2_500.gif

ETA: Growl hit 50 million views on YT this past week. Yay! A shot of good news for SM.

I wish I could find some Beast related stuff like this.

Edited by Cat

• Members

Agreed! That teaser made me hope for another solo project from him. Id love to see him do a version where its just him.

Not really, at least not like the original Mamacita release, but I did see those videos and thought they were god..

I hope they release a Japanese album in early 2015. Im already ready for some new material from them...lol

LOL....I saw them do a recent performance of Overdose and they were seriously lacking in energy. Its obvious all the departures and dark cloud thats bee looking on the group is affecting them. They didnt look as into it as they did back in spring

BTOB

tumblr_neixitCpHG1qiglx1o4_500.jpg
The boys are looking good
Short Jap ver. of Wow was released. I have to say I prefer the original. The dancing was better there and I liked the use of the female to tell a story. Here, they are just dancing to the song and it seems less energetic. The visuals and outfits look great though

• Members

I am listening to Drive all the time now. Junhyung's rap/vocals are slaying me, omg! I would love it if the released a Jun-only version!

Apparently things aren't all that bad with 2PM. The head of their entertainment company (PJY? I forget the initials) said in an interview yesterday that 2PM is their biggest earner because they have so many fans in Japan and China. Get it boys!

EXO are burnt out. I love Overdose the mini album, but this has been a rough era for them. Having said that, I saw some footage of EXO in Mexico this past weekend (KBS were filming one of their music shows out there). The turn-out was amazing and when EXO came on stage, the roars were deafening. The girls threw bras and panties onstage (hopefully unused and non-crusty) and KBS were so shocked that they turned off the lights, ushered EXO away momentarily and told the fans they couldn't do that, otherwise they would stop filming. Anyhoo, D.O., Chanyeol and Baekhyun came back out to sing Mexican ballad Sabor a Ti in Spanish, live, and I hope they release it as a single. Then EXO-K did Growl and were on fire. It's been a long time since I've seen any of them (Kai especially) play to the crowd that way and just eat up the cheers. It reminded me of the way they performed back during Mama era.

Having said that... boys need a rest, SM.

IA, I think the Korean version of Wow is better and I liked the girl's presence in that MV, too. On the upside, after a few weeks of being "teased" about not having much success in Korea, BtoB are taking it in their stride, reading their haters' comments (which is weird but they totally make it hilarious) and showing that they have class and a sense of humor:

Edited by Cat

• Members

BIGBANG

BIGBANG coming out with a Best of CD/DVD in Japan. Trailer highlights their videos from 2006-2014

In related news, Daesung's Look at Me, Gwisoon, MV has reached over 1 million views. Take that AMD!:

http://bigbangupdates.com/2014/11/daesungs-look-gwisoon-reaches-1-million-views.html

B2ST

Beast just released a new version of 12:30. This cuts out the Dujun/girl story and focuses on the guys with new closeup shots. They've also been winning #1s for their various live performances

• Members

BEAST

The MelOn Music Awards were this past week and Beast were up for and won two! (Top 10 Artists, Netizen Popularity Award)

tumblr_nf1mcchkHt1tf1m4lo1_1280.jpg

He looks adorable as they won

tumblr_nf3085nASH1tf1m4lo2_1280.jpg

Yoseob lounging like a boss

Kikwang bumped into Junhyung during his verse and it messed up his lipsyncing. Cant find a clip of that on YT though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5daf5nUmzQ

This YT page has the full version of their new MV. The single was dropped last week and the new song "One Day" is a ballad. Really nice once

Taeyang

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZQeqHoHAxc

He won big at the MelOn awards. Top 10 Artist and Best Song of the Year for Eyes, Nose, Lips

2NE1

These bitches were up and won Best Electronica song. Could they be bothered to show up? NO!

WINNER

I didnt want to do it but I went and listened to them and now I think I like them. It all started bc I listened to a GD video and their song "Different" was used in it and I really liked it. They won Best New Artist so they defintely are worth checking out.

Thats them singing it live in studio. Great song

Mino is clearly being groomed to be the next GD. This boy seems super talented

BIGBANG

bigbang-dome-tour-nagoya-141115_018.jpg

The group is currently on tour and Seungri has rejoined them! Not feeling the outfits but its refreshing to see them reunited and looking happy. GD apparently announced that they will be coming back soon with a new album. Hopefully that means early 2015 and its not more BS delaying! They need new songs as I looked at the setlist and its the same old ones. Not even their new solo material was incorporated into this one

Edited by Cheap21