K-Pop Appeciation Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

tumblr_ndehgcJbBX1qzw6w9o1_500.gif

I forgot about all of the trouble SME has had including the recent Girls Generation ouster. And then there was that girl group whihc had 2 of its members die in an accident. Sad time indeed for Kpop

IA on 2PM. I think they may have been a victim of the ferry tragedy from earlier this year bc they had their comeback delayed. It was initially delayed to July but for whatever reasons, it got moved to Sept

the CL news is bittersweet. At first I was excited but then I read speculation on other boards that 2NE1 has disbanded. Minzy allegedly removed 21 from her social media accounts and the other members are tired of YG's push of CL. I hope its not true.

LOL...who is Nikki, shading in your gif?

• Members

OMG LOL :lol:

Yes, I saw a few posts about that on One Hallyu but nothing concrete at all. This fandom, god bless it, feeds on itself and tends to get extremely negative very quickly. When Lu Han left last week, it was a feeding frenzy. Same with Jessica (I *still* need somebody to show me that this girl has an actual personality btw). I'll believe it when I see it, but tbh YG aren't SM and will most likely try to keep Dara, Bom and Minzy on side... IF this rumor is true. And anyway, all four ladies still need 2NE1. Even CL (though she could go it alone and still be a hit). YG are also very good about letting individuals take time to do their thing (prime example: all of Big Bang) so maybe they will give Dara and Minzy other opportunities to strut their stuff. The only person I am worried about is Bom, as I haven't really seen much of her since 'Druggate" a few months back. Even though Bom was basically absolved of any wrongdoing, some fans still harp on about "no smoke without fire." :( If she was a guy, I think fans would have been less hard on her (like they were with G Dragon "Oh, that silly G-D. Again.")

What would be really nice, of course, is if YG tests the waters with CL and her English tracks and then pushes 2NE1 as a whole in English. After all, Bom speaks flawless English too.

• Members

I saw a commercial today that made me think of Cheap and the other K-Pop lovers here at SON (sorry if it's old news)... There's a show devoted to K-Pop called DFLA airing Thursday nights on the MNet channel. I don't know if you all get that station, but I had to laugh as it was a commercial sponsored by Fios and Cheap was asking about switching to their service a few months ago. At any rate, thought I'd share!

• Members

LOL...too funny

cool! I wish I had that channel'

2pm

tumblr_ndkelmjvo71tmk0sbo1_500.jpg

The group is taking their world tour to the US! Too bad I dont live in NY anymore as that NJ show would have been super close to me.

BEAST

tumblr_ndk9weIApF1s26l6mo1_500.jpg

tumblr_ndk9weIApF1s26l6mo2_500.jpg

Man this group has changed ALOT in the last 5 years

CL

tumblr_ndl0fybopA1t5gx4jo1_500.jpg
tumblr_ndl061pAK01r3ugtpo1_500.jpg
The crossover begins. CL taking pics with Rita Ora
BIGBANG

tumblr_inline_ndk36mf1p11ridpyr.gif

tumblr_inline_ndk37ttJxL1ridpyr.gif

My dirty mind is thinking dirty things about TOP....lol

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

Whoa TOP. Those leather pants look mighty tight. blink.png

BEAST OMG. Is it the awful hair or the plastic surgery?

CL looks amazing in those pics with Rita Ora.

Gosh I wish I was in NYC, too, Cheap, Newark would have been a short drive across to Hoboken and then straight on. Get them $$$ boys!

• Members

Beast's comeback ballad, 12.30.

As usual with K Pop love songs, I never understand wtf is going on. I get that she's dead. I get that Beast want to turn back time to before 12.30 am. What I don't get is how she died. Did Beast's leader shove her and she died then? Did she drink poison? Lawwwwd, K Pop, let's not glamorise suicide any more than it already is in Korea (which has the highest suicide rate in Asia!). Random dance bit in the middle but I like dance dubsteps so I'm not complaining. Everybody looks pretty hot,especially Yoseob (who wasn't featured as much here), Junhyung, Killer Leader, Dongwoon and the pretty one. I don't find Hyunseung attractive but he does dance well.

• Members

Thanks for posting! That song was absolutely beautiful. I think its their best vocal performance, rivaling "Fiction" from 2011. Man have they grown up and I love how their sound and look has evolved with the times. Im glad that they genuinely seem close and are still very popular so hoepfully that leads to alot more years to come. Not awaiting the album release for me to get into tomorrow

tumblr_ndp9koOKKM1t3vyxso6_250.gif

tumblr_ndpcabW8vm1r89usao1_500.gif

LOVED that Dujun got to play the male lead here

tumblr_ndp8cpoHUH1scti4vo2_500.gif

These two boys are suffering from some awful hair

tumblr_ndphfygtoY1s0r1muo2_250.gif

Not enough of this guy. It took forever for him to appear. I actually thought that skinny tattooed guy was him at first and was like ewww

tumblr_ndpbgtABRZ1teiq60o4_250.gif

The dancing seemed random and Im not sure it was really needed to be honest.

tumblr_ndno31qbmn1teiq60o4_250.giftumblr_ndno31qbmn1teiq60o2_250.gif

:D

• Members

DuJun (or as I call him "Dear Leader") looked HOT AS HELL in that entire video. I usually think of him as the sweet, responsible guy with glasses, so it was cool seeing this 'male lead' side of him -- even if he did accidentally kill hiz gurl.

Junhyung looks SO GOOD with his hair like that., I can see what you see in him, Cheap. As you say, though, the blonde and the pink are ruining the hair of the other dude and Dongwoon. And D-Woonie looks about 45 in that pic you posted. 45 and wearing a cardigan.

I am going to wait until Beast release a dance practice video on YouTube befor I judge the dancing because I have a feeling those moves were pretty complicated and fly. Like, it looks out of place in the MV, but in live performances on the music shows, it may be needed.

And yes, their vocals are lovely. Apparently Beast fans (called Beauties!) specifically asked the members for an album of ballads last summer at various fansigns, so Beast decided to honor that promise and this comeback/new album will be ballads-heavy. I think that's a really nice way to show their appreciation to their core fans actually.

• Members

Im gonna need to stop. I swear, Ive watched that Beast video like 30 times already. It truly is on a whole other level and blows EVERYTHING released this year away. The vocals and how the guys come together is just breathtaking and the production value here is top notched. The video is very dark and mature and tells a powerful story. I really hope they win a ton of awards next month if this is eligible for nominations. If this is an indication of what to expect, than this album must be amazing. 10/10.

Also makes me wonder, WTH is Cube doing with BTOB? Their comeback was a mess. Two groups under the same label, yet the way they are handled couldn't be anymore different

• Members

Fixed! tongue.png

I'm downloading it on my playlist so I can listen to it again. But given that Cube moved up their comeback to fall -- when everybody else plans a comeback -- says to me they sense that Beast will sweep the music shows again, just like they did this summer. Beast are so popular in SK.

No clue what they are doing with BtoB but a lot of these entertainment companies throw all their money behind their #1 groups and leaving #2 and #3 to fend for themselves, basically. :( It's sad because imo BtoB are potentially as good as Beast, just with a different vibe.

• Members

Yikes! Ironic you said this considering....

Pangyo Techno Valley Concert Organizer Allegeldy Found Dead Of Apparent Suicide Following The Deaths Of 16 Fans During 4Minute Performance

Read more: http://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/125520/20141018/concert-official-found-dead.htm#ixzz3Gicfql2l

I know you may not want to hear it BUT 12:30 is much, much better than Overdose. IMO, of course...lol

Ive listened to the whole album now and it truly is amazing. Not a single bad track. Outside of 12:30, my faves are Drive and So Hot. Oh and Close My Eyes. Really, all of them are great though

As for BToB, their new mini is good but theres no growth here. Their second one, Press Play was an improvement over the first and the follow up, Thriller seemed to be their creative peak. Beep Beep, was good, but felt more like a lateral movement as opposed to step forward. This new one just seems like a rehash of that, with no surprises. What makes it worse is that their live performances of the title track havent been all that great. I think for their next album, they need to have Junhyung produce it. I think Cube wants to keep them doing the teeny bopper stuff as they've had Beast evolve past that, but I dont think it does the group any favors. They should really let them show more range

Anyways

tumblr_ndp7n31brm1stpkk6o1_500.gif

Dang, check out Minzy twerking the hell out of her booty

tumblr_ndqk2xmQf21rr3mewo1_1280.jpg

photo for official Jap site.

Daesung

tumblr_nd5qj1bwDB1stwgbyo4_250.giftumblr_nd5qj1bwDB1stwgbyo6_250.gif
tumblr_nd7ux077xd1ro7p51o1_500.gif
tumblr_nd7ux077xd1ro7p51o5_250.giftumblr_nd7ux077xd1ro7p51o4_250.gif
tumblr_nd7ux077xd1ro7p51o2_500.gif
tumblr_nd7ux077xd1ro7p51o3_250.giftumblr_nd7ux077xd1ro7p51o6_250.gif
tumblr_nd5qj1bwDB1stwgbyo3_250.gif
This is so random! Daesung just released a Japanese music video to a song he put out in 2008! Talk about super late. I have to say the video though is hilarious and man he's never looked better. AMD hated the song, but I like that its striking back...lol
Edited by Cheap21

• Members

Oh sh-t, Beast is on fire and they arent slowing down! They are coming out with ANOTHER album next month in Japan, titled "How About You?" which is also the name of the title track. I forgot about a teaser posted weeks ago but over the weekend, their Japanese YT page posted a bunch of new ones. I really dig the sound of the song.

They are also taking the Beautiful show to Japan in November and December. They have 3 mini albums worth of material from this year. I wonder how much of that will be incoporated into the new concerts. Thats three albums in 5 months. Gotta appreciate their dedication.

Meanwhile BIGBANG has put out 1 album in about 2 and a half years....