K-Pop Appeciation Thread

• Members

New 4Minute!

tumblr_njiqxxqQex1r9js3to1_500.gif

tumblr_njiqxxqQex1r9js3to2_500.gif

tumblr_njijsivjya1r0z3olo1_400.giftumblr_njj2mwpQs41r54tyro2_250.gif

tumblr_njj7evh2fH1ro5y21o1_540.gif

The girls did the damn thing! Was not expecting this after the soulful ballad of Cold Rain. Looking forward to them performing both songs live. From the small bit I read of the mini-album, its really good. Better than the last which I was disappointed in

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I didn't have the highest hopes for this because K pop girl groups don't do it for me. But this is by some distance the catchiest song I have heard in some time -- not just by a girl group but by any k pop group. Hyuna and Jiyoon killed the choreography, and I really like Hyuna's messy hair with braids. It softens her face. The black hair and red lipstick is of course gorgeous on her, but it does make her look older and a bit harder.

Love that they went a bit urban and hip hoppy and the Bollywood style chorus beat was awesome.

• Members

Jiyoon and HyunA are the MVPs of this EP! Jiyoon has improved as a rapper and this is right up HyunA's alley. Sohyun also stands out and not just with her new blonde hair. Poor Gayoon and Jihyun are almost out of their element bc they are not hip hop, but Gayoon manages to turn in some solid vocals. The song they are promoting with Crazy, Cut It Out is really good

BIGBANG
bigbang-facebook-02.jpg
bigbang-facebook-01.jpg
New photos from their upcoming DVD

That also popped up

• Members

Cut It Out is good but I can see why Crazy is the track leading this comeback. That song is such a jam! I never realized 4Minute's sound was like this -- I thought they were a more traditional, middle-of-the-road girl group. And once again, Hyuna's curly long hair with blonde highlights is slaying left and right. And I'm not usually a fan of blonde or blonde hybrids on K pop idols.

I read a YG press release over the weekend that Big Bang will come back in the first half of this year, as will Winner and IKON. :lol: I gues we will believe it when we see it, but at least we know that YG are planning for a Big Bang comeback this year.

• Members

Yes Hyuna' hair is everything. Im not a fan of the green color but I LOVE Jiyoon's new cut. It would look great if it was black with blue, red or purple highlights. 4minute were so much better in their early years but their material hasnt really stood out in the last year or two. Thats changing with Crazy though bc they are killing it.

Oh YG....whatever. I stop expecting much for them and their claims.

New T.O.P syrup commercial

Edited by Cheap21

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

omg

-"Ahm da king. Ahm da king. T.O.P Ahm da king."

-"Shirrup."

laugh.png

I don't know about you but I am anxiously awaiting EXO's comeback in March and right now there doesn't seem to be much going on in terms of K Pop releases. I am just counting the days and hoping that it doesn't suck, lol.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I was just thinking that K-Pop has been so boring this year so far and there's been an explosion of new material in the last 2 weeks

New Beast!

http://www.soompi.com/2015/03/16/beast-to-open-independent-japanese-label-beast-music/

4MINUTE

http://www.billboard.com/articles/co...d-albums-chart

4Minute's 'Crazy' EP Debuts at No. 1 on World Albums Chart

so proud of them. They deserve it bc Crazy is that damn good

Red Velvet

The girls are back with a new concept, new mini album and they prove that they are more than a one hit wonder. This song is REALLY good. Much better than Happiness. The song is proobably dumb but its catchy

They released not one, but two videos off the new album and this one is a slower ballad. Great vocals. Im not sure I like that they all went blonde. I cant tell them apart. Not that I could before,but they look like blonde Asian doll clones

Wooyoung from 2PM

Finally, Wooyoung released a Japanese EP. I like what Im hearing from this short teaser. I have alot of material to get through

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

Calling Cat, calling Cat! Get in here! EXO's comeback is imminent

SME has been releasing teasers of their new project

TAEYANG

tumblr_nllft9xAfP1qzjb8ko4_1280.jpg

I dont know why but he's randomly being featured in this NBA ad

BIGBANG and Winner

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2j8uwg_hq-bigbang-japan-dome-tour-2014-2015-x-full-tv-broadcast-part-1_music

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2j8vbi_hq-bigbang-japan-dome-tour-2014-2015-x-full-tv-broadcast-part-2_music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlNm36gevso

Both had recent their recent Japan Tours broadcast on tv and both are online. Im trying to download before YG shuts them down

• Members

RESPONDING TO YOUR DISTRESS CALL CHEAP

I was away on a work trip this past week or so and couldn't access this thread on my phone. Too many pics and YT vids! My phone is such crap.

But I have been keeping up with the imminent comeback! I am so excited!

All the teasers have been released now. They were so cinematic, I was really impressed. There wasn't really a dud one in the pack, although obviously I had my favourites. Kai (goes without saying) filmed in my 'hometown'. But stylistically, Suho and Baekhyun's were probably my faves, with Sehun and Kai close seconds. I found them quite powerful.

And then there is the music.... Well, I have only heard a couple of leaked songs so far. Call Me Baby was officially released yesterday, and it is a jam. I don't know whether I prefer K version or M tbh:

http://youtu.be/Gjye0aoRQFc

http://youtu.be/-xcpiFPG6xM

It doesn't have the impact of Overdose which was so original and like an electric shock for me, as a newcomer to k pop. But Overdose was intense and emotionally draining, especially after KrisHan left. But it is a bop and light and happy. I think this is what EXO and the fandom needs after last year, lol.

And Kai's opening in K --- buuum buuum buuum buuum buuum -- making me feel some kind of way!

This coupled with Red Velvet ( I *love* Ice Cream Cake and Automatic. Plus they got a new member!) and SNSD, Shinee and SuJu getting releases this year PLUS SM Rookies means that SM are letting YG know that they do not play. YG vs SM this year is going to be INSANE and I hope that means lots of great music. Especially from Big Bang.

BTW SM Rookies did a quick teaser dance and I really love it. I wasn't looking for a new group to stan but... if this song is part of their album, I am intrigued:

Finally -- I still think Crazy by 4Minute is one of my fave songs of the year so far. I am so glad they started strong! And I am really impressed by HyunA.

Edited by Cat

• Members

Glad you are back! Like with Overdose, Im not going to listen to the music until the MV drops. I hope they step it up bc their MVs are usually lacking. Good dance moves, but the videos themselves arent anything special

SME is on a roll right now. I need YG to come back big. April is rumored to be a comeback for someone.

HQ-BIGBANG-concert-osaka-day3_002.JPG

Speaking of YG, I watched BIGBANG's X tour last night. Even though its the same songs they've been doing for the past 3 years, they know how to put on a show and each performance was different than anything they've done before. This show was bigger and splashier than their previous ones and IU loved how they remixed some of the songs and of course loved the costumes

And yes Crazy is everything. I still jam to it. its that good

tumblr_nly0qnTTXr1shb23so1_1280.jpg

Taeyang-Ringa-Linga-MV-590x468.jpg

GDragon+michigo.jpg

LMAO!